School doesnt save last lesson that i took

Hi, I started going through the lessons offered in the school and would mark them as completed as I went along. But, when I logged back in a few weeks later to continue, I couldn’t find the last instance of when I took a lesson!

What happened?

Sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum. Did I not turn on some setting? Am I doing this wrong?

I had that happen to me twice. No big deal, there’s no certificate you print out or no dancing girls to give you a trophy when it’s all over. As long as you know you completed it, just move on to the next one.

Lol, that’s not it. When I close my browser, I forget where I was. I could note the location in a text file on my desktop, but it makes me wonder what’s the point of having having tracking if you don’t/can’t save it for the future.

Did it use to work before? Did you clear your cookies or use a different browser?

I think the school saves your progress via cookies, so if you clear 'em all your progress will be lost.

Oh, that explains everything. I use Firefox and had cookies disabled for this site.

Or if you start a private browsing session!

I use the school on ipad, desktop and laptop and find it annoying that when I mark a lesson as complete it is not transferred across to the other computer as complete!

Hey ysg!

My apologies for the delay in responding to your question.

This sounds like a browser cookie issue. The “remember” feature of the new School is not actually tied to your user account, but to your computer, or more specifically, your web browser. You must have cookies enabled for the feature to work. Also, your browser may be deleting cookies when closed, as a security precaution. Please confirm that cookies are enabled and that they are not being deleted when the browser is closed. If security is a concern and you want to delete cookies, I believe that every browser provides a way to save specific cookies while getting rid of the rest. The procedure to do this is browser specific, but a quick Internet search should get you fixed. Please let us know if you continue to have this problem.

Should you have any questions or need any assistance, don’t hesitate to drop us a message!

Thanks!

Hi The Cable Guy,

We’re sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Unfortunately, The “remember” feature of the new School is not tied to your user account, but to your computer, or more specifically, your web browser.

Should you have any questions or need any assistance, don’t hesitate to drop us a message!

Thanks!

Hi.

This isn’t a huge hang-up, but would it be possible to change the background database functionality to save the place like you would save he user email address?