Time to trade?

You trade whenever the strategy you employ tells you to take a trade,

Beginning of the month, or middle of the week, middle of the night, early morning, midday, evening, don’t really matter.

I agree. Just take the trade whenever the market presents you with the opportunity. Good luck!

There are some long time back and forward tested strats that favour a particular trading day of the week over others. But I would have to agree with the other posters. Much will depend on your strat, preferred TF and time of day that you can trade.

Good question tho, none the less.

I might have to change up my sleepin pattern to catch the money at 2am-4am, est… ( asian/Euro overlap)

or at least set some market orders ahead… Homework, homework, homework…

“No pips shall be left behind” MoneyNVRSleeps

The second tuesday of every other month at 11:16am GMT is when I trade…
OK joking, I agree with the concensus here that you trade according to your strategy and when an opportunity comes about. There are HOWEVER (I think I’ve been reading too many of Dale’s responses because I am starting to capitalise words) certain times where there will be greater opportunities eg lead up to a public holiday sees a lot of profit taking, post elections, pre august summer breaks … and you could even argue pre weekend.

Thank you for the answers everyone, so basically there’s no “ok because this is monday, the market is still adjusting for the new week so i better not to trade”? That’s my whole assumption though i think it will be like in school where monday morning everyone will be late and lazy haha

It completely depends on your approach, how many trades you seek to place etc. I never trade Monday morning or Friday afternoon, as I find them less predictable than the rest of the week, but I am getting sufficient setups in the rest of the week that it is easy to be fussy. I know plenty of traders who trade both successfully. The answer to this will be different to each trader, depending on a range of factors including number of trades, strategy used, pattern of life, all sorts of things. Basically, outside of weekends it is possible to make money at any time of day or night on each of the five weekdays, you just have to discover what suits you.

[B]ST,[/B]

As usual, I agree with everything you said.

In fact, I’m going to get a rubber-stamp made which says, “Clint agrees”.

Then you can just stamp that on all your posts.

Lol, thank you for the unexpected positive feedback from (imho) the wisest head on the forum. Right back at you!

ST

Welcome Viciel
Actually that is a very interesting question.
The time of the day, week and month to trade, depends of your strategy. In order to find when is better to trade, you need to demo test your system and calculate the win/loss ratio and risk/reward ratio separated by trading session and days of the week. In my case I only trade on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, thursdays and fridays and only in the overlap of European and US session, becasue I have made a demo test of the last 5 years and my win/loss ratio is better on those days and at that specific time.

When you read the phrase: “Trust your system” it doesnt mean to blindly take all the trades your system gives you, it means that first you need to make some filters and keep the set ups that improves your w/l and r/r ratio.

If you want you can start with the days I gave you and the session.
Hope that helps!

Forex trading does not work that way! You should always be around and know what’s going on in the markets. You should be there when the ECB announces the interest rate and when the U.S releases the unemployment rate etc. Those announcements can be found under different economic calendars.

Disagree. It depends on how you trade. If you are a long term trader, holding your position for 3-6 months let’s say, then you don’t have to be glued to your computer 24/7. I agree important news releases and keeping abreast with fundamentals is important but it doesn’t mean you have to dedicate yourself to it.

Is that your strategy, do you hold trades that long?

Not me personally as I’m still trying to find what works best for me. But it’s not uncommon to hold your position for at least a month or so if you only concentrate on weekly and daily charts. All the major hedge funds do it this way and we know how much they make (albeit they have a lot of capital).

Sorry to be pedantic, but you’re commenting on stuff you don’t know about, maybe you’re right, but maybe not, I have no idea, so I won’t comment, but maybe you’d pick certain days or weeks to enter the longer term trades which is entry timing.

Well, I wouldn’t trade on Saturdays, but any other day is fine if you have a valid signal, lol.

You don’t trade on Saturday! Well I never, don’t your bots trade on Saturday either.

LOL! No my bots don’t actively trade on Saturday. Could just be that them are in a trade over the weak end. Them are no chickens like you and me, lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

Point taken. I don’t personally trade long term but I know a lot of people that successfully do. I was disagreeing with this statement:

…trying to illustrate that you don’t always have to be around eg medium to long term traders, albeit deviating completing from the original question.

I wanted to tell the same thing when i saw the title. lol

Since the beginning of my journey i did not follow any specific time to trade with. Many said London session is the best time for trading and may be that is but it gave me loss when i was in that session.

Good opportunities can emerge any time because it’s a 24 hour market. May be one session can give more opportunities then other but no specific time can give one any profit. Sad to say i miss many opportunities because they form when i sleep. :o