Kill-zones?

I’ve encountered this phrase numerous of times, what does it stand for? :slight_smile:

/Oasis

Hey Oasis,

I’m guessing you saw the term kill zones through ICT’s thread and teachings. It’s really only used by him. He is referring to certain times of the day, where the market will form valid and high probability trade setups. These are the times you watch the markets and do your trading. You want to be finding set ups in these kill zones if you are using ICT trading rules. LO stands for the London Open, LC stands for London Close and NY Open is pretty self explanatory. You’ll see on many charts posted on ICT’s thread that people will have large vertical rectangles span across their charts, those are the kill zones, where most of us will look at set ups. I don’t have the times on the back of my head but I believe LO is 6:00-8:00 GMT and as for the others, well I don’t have MT4 at school so I can’t access them for you right now. =P
Hope that helps!

Regards,
Clark.

But i also found them in the school

[I]One thing you should take note of is that price won’t always bounce from these levels. They should be looked at as areas of interest, or as Cyclopip likes to call them, “KILL ZONES!” [B]We’ll teach you more about that later on.[/B]

Read more: Fibonacci Retracement | Fibonacci | Learn Forex Trading
[/I]

Another question, what does BE mean?

Cyclopip is just using the term “kill-zone” as a nickname. It doesn’t actually have a strict definition. So for example, Cyclopip may refer that if price were to fall within the 50.0% to 62.0% level that is considered a kill zone, where one may find a signal for reversal, etc. Just using it as an example. Kill-zones are pretty much an area in the chart where traders may find their ideal set up.

I started saying BE simply to save time typing. I used “BE” to to denote “Break Even” in the ICT thread. Usually, I set my SL once I am in profit to BE+1 meaning, I will set it 1 pip into profit, say if the trade is 50 pips in the green. TP means Take Profit, which is where you are looking to exit, and SL means Stop Loss, to prevent losing trades. Just incase you weren’t sure about those ones either.

Anyways, off to take a mid afternoon nap. =P

Regards,
Clark.