Trade Interceptor for Excel: fantastic tool for newbie like me why nobody told me?

It’s several months I tried to learn MQL4 (since at least the day I did register here) and never succeded due to this stupid c syntax. There is DDE for Excel but you can just get quotes not historical data.

I stumbled upon tradeinterceptor for iPhone (also great!) then went to their site and discovered a real gem: tradeinterceptor for excel.

Not only you can get real time quotes easily but also and above historical quotes so that you can build trading strategy with just excel formulas or vba which are 10 times easier for novice than with mql4.

Of course I will still try to learn mql4 but I don’t know how many more months it will take on me to just build a basic EA :slight_smile:

Since I wish someone told me about it months ago - I would have saved so much time and money :frowning: - I thought other newbies would be happy to also discover it like me.

There is a very clear video tut here
Trade Interceptor for Excel

It shows how easy it can be. I’ve just done it it really works I’m so happy :slight_smile:

My big regret is Oanda is not (yet) listed as broker but maybe one day !

MQL4 isnt really that bad, it’s very similar to PHP, but it getting used to the syntax is the key, and it’s free as opposed to having to buy a copy of Excel!

Yes mql4 not that difficult once you get into it the learning curve is pretty good

Sorry I’m not novice at programming I rather master c#, it’s not even c it’s the non-oop aspect of mql4 which drives me crazy. MQL5 seems much better but is not yet supported by all brokers.

So I won’t lose my time any more with MQL4 until MQL5 is widespread :slight_smile:

Anyhow having historical quotes in Excel allows to do some trading thought testing much more productive before implementing it in mql5.

MQL4 isnt really that bad, it’s very similar to PHP, but it getting used to the syntax is the key, and it’s free as opposed to having to buy a copy of Excel!

BUY a copy? What a novel concept!

Why, Yes, of course!