FX trading games

I have signed up to play an fx trading game on sharescene that is giving away $5k as first prize to the winner.

as a complete newbie to fx, is a game the best way to learn how to be successful at fx?

just after thoughts. hasn’t cost me anything to sign up so haven’t lost anything.

Is it the best way?

No. The best way is to [B]master the basics[/B] in a comprehensive course that is free of cost (and free of gimmicks like 5K prizes) — a comprehensive course like the [B]Babypips School[/B], right here on this site.

If that game actually simulates trading, then why not do this: Learn how to trade, here on this site, and then go kick-butt on their game and win the 5K.

I actually used to dabble with some of the securities trading simulation game sites that offer first round prizes… However it was much like trying to learn online poker on the free sites where it was an all in fest of people just trying to get lucky because it wasn’t real money so nobody cared.
Point being: people will trade recklessly to try to hit a huge score and win the money and if they bust trying, then who cares. It’s sim money.

Study and hit the books for a while. Once you know what you’re doing you’ll make that 5K prize anyways…over and over again. :smiley:

Tbh OP sounds like he/she is trying to plug the trading game. One post and naming of the site?

Thanks Clint and Piptopher.

I have started reading a lot of the information here on BP. Must say it is pretty comprehensive and straight forward.

Do you know of any newsletters I can access or join that has real independant analysis. Pretty much most of the ones I have come across seem to be just a screen for a sales job though one of the forums I just joined have got a newsletter that gives some interesting market analysis.

So as not to offend the delicate sensibilities of some, I have refrained from mentioning their name.

I have been watching the AUD/USD perform and am interested in how the AUD/GBP and AUD/EUR will go in particular.

many thanks