Currency overlay for MT4

I’m looking for a currency overlay “indicator” for my MT4 platform. I’m trying to post both EUR/USD & GBP/USD data on one chart. Through a search I’ve found an indicator called “OverLayChart-MA.mq4” and a couple variants of it, but when downloading and trying to incorporate it into my MT4 platform, NOTHING HAPPENS. It does populate on my Indicators List, but I don’t see anything on the chart! Not sure if others have experienced the same, seeing as it’s a rather popular overlay indicator, but any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,
Check the code for any occurrance of currency symbol names. Depending on your broker and the “account” you’re using ie mini or standard, the symbol names may need a suffix like a lower case letter “m” …as in the case of an IBFX mini account. For example EURUSD may need to be EURUSDm in the code and/or your input parameter…and without the “/” in the symbol name too…it’s very picky.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Sweet, that’s exactly what it was. Thank you for pointing it out (turned out I needed to append the appropriate suffix to the currency pair). :slight_smile: