Are trading robots any good?

I guys,

What are your experiences with trade robots, good, bad?

Generally no, not unless you know how to use them and can do some tinkering, Buckscoder uses them, but he has a lot of experience, if you are looking for an easy answer to trading, then that is what’s it’s not.

Just being wise and learning from others experience :slight_smile:

Robots are definately the way to trade, but they require a huge amount of effort to design and build.

Thanks,

I am curious, could you recommend one to look at?

Absolutely right, ppf. Plus not only that. I coded all my bots from the ground up to the roof. Every single line of code. And, I will not sell em. Why should I deal with marketing, customers, etc. etc. if those bots make money straight away? Then, I have to be able to trade anyways, because if I would not know how to make money by hand, I couldn’t develop successful bots either. Bots are not a holy grail. I just develop them so that I do not have to repeat my trading steps. On the other side I have to watch that everything with the bots is okay, there needs to be a reliable vps, all that what you don’t have to look at if you trade by hand. I even pay money for a vps. Money what a manual trader can invest.

I guess all bots what you can buy are more or less a risk to lose money in the long run. Why would anybody sell a profitable bot if he can make money with it for himself? Makes no sense to me. Maybe there are some bots out there which make money, but I would not even trust them. A big issue in trading is trust in your system and if you don’t have trust in your system, the psychological barrier to execute trades or let a bot run if it loses is high. If you buy a bot you never know what it’s doing and why. So, where would the trust come from? Just because some marketing guys tell you it is successful?

Was watching a rerun of Robocop the other day.

When it first came out it was so cool and I thought what a great idea it was.

On hindsight it sucked big time.

Hope this helps… :smiley:

Thank for the input everyone, I watched about 200 people go sign up for a course that came with a trading robot @ £2400 a lot of people bought it, I didn’t so I was curious to know if I did the right thing, finding this forum and the people on it should put me on the right track :slight_smile:

u mean there are those who would spend 2400 pounds on a robot out there??

I always wondered who would sell in a place where it was an obvious buy.

But then I guess there is always a crowd for it.