Which trading platform?

I guys,

I am just getting started, I have a practice account with forex.com and being unfamiliar with anything else I wondered if you guys could recommend any brokers / trading platforms as I was unsure to just go with the first one I tried?

Also has anyone had any experience with etoro?

If you are from the US its best to stick with 50:1 leverage I recommend IBFX and OANDA.

Try out their OpenBook. It’s a good training guide for newbies.

All things are difficult before they are easy.

I liked Oandas web based trading platform to get started…at a certain point you will end up sucked into metatrader…but no need to rush there first!

OANDA is a good one if you live in the U.S. if you are a trader on a budget than I would suggest FxNet which offers a minimum deposit of only $5 dollars.

I think it makes no sense to even sit in front of your trading terminal with $5. Even $500 is really no money at all unless you are testing out a new strategy or learning how to trade in a mini-account. Those who advertise trading with $5 or $50 etc are doing nothing more than terrible advertising.

@rxtricky: MT4 is the most popular one, but does not mean the best one. I think brokers often create much better ones on their own. cTrader is not bad in my opinion.