Anyone using Windows on a Mac for trading?

I’ve got a PC as my main machine and a Mac (Apple) laptop. Most (non-web) trading platforms are best suited for PCs, but I’m curious to know if running Parallels or VMWare with Windows on my Mac would work reliably for FX trading. I use MetaTrader 4 mostly for charting. Anyone running a similar setup? All comments appreciated, regards.

I do. Or should I say I did, I tried to use Parrallels but my CPU would always go to 100% and my battery life was dismal.

Then I tried Wine and Wine bottler, it’s a program for Linux users to run Windows programs that was ported to OSX, it works but not too well for MT4 which I use for my trading.

I gave up and bought a $300 Asus 1001px netbook instead with a cheap 9 cell battery from ebay which runs for 14 hours and never bothered with using my macbook pro for that purpose again.

I hope this helps.

appreciate the response. didn’t give netbook much of a thought, but perhaps that’s a smart solution. does the small screen size work for you?

I guess it’s fine for me, but of course, horses for courses, your mileage may vary.

I would of still be using my MBP if it wasn’t for the problems I encountered. And btw, I haven’t tried bootcamp, maybe you should try that first.