Using Scripts on MT4

Hi Everyone,

Could someone please help me before I throw myself out the window…

I’ve downloaded a couple of different script for MT4 and cant for the life of me get them to work. I’m fairly sure I have the right files in the right folders and they do appear in MT4 but when I drag them onto the chart nothing happens. The scripts that came pre-installed work fine though.

Are there any settings I need to adjust to make scripts work?

Thanks very much,

Boats

Post them up here and I or someone else will be sure to give them a quick test for you.

I can’t post them up unfort, as I don’t have the right permissions yet on the forum.
I’m sure the scripts works since other people are commenting on them, but not for me. I’ve tried it with 2 different brokers, so I know the fault is at my end. I’m guessing I must have a setting wrong somewhere.

Cheers

Ah ok I think I can post it

It’s probably this setting here

How do you get access to that menu? When I try to execute the script nothing happens at all.

It comes up when you add the indicator to the chart.

Interesting… when I add the indicator to the chart I get nothing.

I tried the script and it don’t work! In which case sorry but I can’t help.

Oh! Well at least that solves the mystery for me! Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Do make sure you have adjusted the MT4 to allow you to use scripts!

Actually, could it be the case that they need to be copied into the ‘scripts’ directory and not the ‘indicators’ directory?

If it didn’t matter in what folder you place them you wouldn’t have different folders in the first place, one would be enough or ea, scripts and indicators.