Cool Forex Automatic: Good guys Tell me more about ADX

A good trader once told me that there is a soft ware that automaticaly plot your pivot point reisistance and support levels on your plateform every day. I do not mean a pivot point calculator. I mean a software in your laptop.
where can i get this software in the net?

question 2. the school in this site says when a ADX is above 50 it signal a strong trend and when it is below 20 it is a weak trend. What does it says when it is pointing at 50

question3. when do we say ADX is ranging

Hi,

Welcome.

Question 1:

There are DOZENS of Pivot Point ‘Indicators’ (that’s actually what you’re looking for I think) available for download on the Internet. Just Google ‘pivot point indicator’ (and include the word ‘metatrader’ if your are, I’m assuming, using MetaTrader as your trading platform).

Question 2 AND Question 3 (and no offence meant to BabyPips or the BabyPips School):

ADX is probably once of the most MISUNDERSTOOD and MISINTERPRETED indicators ‘on the the planet’. Do yourself a favour and ‘mosey on over’ to these forums: www.techtradercentral.proboards.com. Download Wilder’s book ‘New Concepts In Technical Trading Systems’ (J. Welles Wiilder Jnr. developed ADX) and learn about ADX and it’s different ‘nuances’ and signals generated as it was ORIGINALLY DESIGNED (as opposed to getting some or the other ‘half-baked explanation’ of ADX presented ‘somewhere’ on the Internet).

Regards,

Dale.