Help! I can't tell the different between Wedge,Triangle and Pennant

Can someone tell me how different between these chart patterns? I think they are vey similar ,I can’t tell the differnt.

A wedge has both sides sloping the same direction with enough of an angle showing that they will both converge eventually.

A triangle has a level bottom or top with the other side angled.

A pennant has both sides converging with roughly the same angle up as is down.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your Help!!! How I am going to pay back to U

The best setups are when the price action goes right into the corner, it may sound quite obvious at face value, but when your live trading, it can be too easy to jump in too early, so wait until your right in the corner, it will make all the difference.

I also find using fib number of 38.2% on the length if the shape gives a good indication. So project your lines of the triangle until they meet at a single point then take 38% from that point, that’s where I would start looking for a breakout. Your lines by this point would both probably have been tested several times giving “verification” and the PA would have been squeezed a significant amount. Giving larger “pressure” behind price for hopefully a stronger breakout. So if your triangle would be 10 candles long start to look for breakout setups after the 6th candle has formed. If your lines have been broken and need to be redrawn or adjusted adjust your new observation point. That’s how I trade triangles.