Hi, bit of an introduction of sorts

Hey guys and girls,

My name is Kristan, im 26 years old living in NSW Australia. Ive only realy just started to learn about the forex and have found this site very insightful and informative. I am driven to succeed in forex, and am eager to learn everything there is, and will listen to any advice given. Ive started demo trading using Metatrader 5, its taken some getting used to but i feel i am getting the hang of the platform… :confused: Kinda lol.

I guess my first question is where next, ive read the school of pipsology, and am following as many people as i can on twitter, cam you suggest some good books or information packages?
Also is Metatrader 5 platform actually up and running for live trading, I get conflicting messages when searching google? What are some other good platforms that i should look into prior to going live.

I think that is all i can think of at the moment but have the feeling ill be spending a lot of time on here…

Thanks Heaps

Kristan :slight_smile:

Hi Kristan, Glad to meet ya, Hope you have a long, profitable career in the Forex.

Great profits to YA

Pretty generalist, but in terms of books when I started out I first read Market Wizards and New Market Wizards by Jack Schwager. I found them very inspirational and got me on the right track. He has a decent Technical Analysis book, too, but personally I would start with the market wizards books.

Welcome, by the way, great to have found this site early in your trading career: there are answers to everything Forex-related somewhere on here!

ST

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your input, i will look in to finding a copy of this book in the morning I have found this site very consuming( in a good way) i cant seem to pull myself away from it… :slight_smile:

I understand that becoming a successful forex trader comes down to dedication and patience, but a nudge in the right direction always helps, thanks again

Kristan

Welcome I have used metatrader 4 and I think i it is the most common platform. But I find it too slow for me but others use it fine. I just use it for charting and then use my brokers direct client for execution. you should check out the long standing and highest rated threads there is so much good info here it would he over a 500 page book.

Hello and welcome Kristan. The world of Forex trading is huge and requires plenty of homework as I have been finding out for myself. Babypips is a great place to learn from and I might add this too. Learn to Trade Forex (Currencies), Stocks, & CFDs | InformedTrades. I found some really good information which helped me to better understand.
good luck with this and hope to read some more from you in the future.

Thank you guys,

All the help and direction i can get is greatly appreciated.

Happy Trading (I hope) :wink: