FXCM and Slow market movement. I need help ASAP!

Hey guys,

On my demo account with FXCM, I am experiencing slow market movement. I have high-speed internet connection and it works great(Comcast). Could someone please help.:eek:

been experiencing the same issue with FXCM on my demo account. I have SBC DSL and never had any problems with them.

anybody else able to chime in ?

Sounds like the problem is on their end, meaning FXCM’s. That sort of thing has been known to happen. I don’t use them, I cannot confirm the issue, say how often that happens, or anything, though.

These sorts of issues can happen with brokers that do not run their demo platforms on the same feed as their live ones. Obviously, in any kind of crunch the live platform will take priority over the demo. That’s one of the reasons you want to make sure that demo platform trading matches live platform trading for a broker you’re evaluating. With some brokers the variation in things like speed of execution can make a difference in your trading.

I have found a new platform with OANDA. This platform works great and the demo account platforms works together with their live platform. Thanks for everyones help.

THE only DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A DEOM AND LIVE ACCOUNT IS IN YOUR HEAD, AND YOUR BANK ACCOUNT!