Pure Price Action or Indicators?

I am really keen on pure PA trading analysing candle sticks and using my own S/R and trend lines. Many of the pro’s dont use indicators and say there all lagging and not worth the screen space.

The problem I have is that there are so many threads where systems use multiple indicators and everyone who jumps on board says how profitable it is.

So I came to the conclusion that the indicators must be helping these people so using just PA cannot be doing yourself any favours…

So I am stuck deciding which way to go.

Any advise?

thanks

People who want to use indicators aren’t going to make money using pure PA. But if you have mastered (or nearly) PA, why would you use indicators? They just get in the way and distract you from understanding at what price movement is doing.

Well, as there is the never ending debate between technics and fundis, there is the never ending debate between the nakeds and the indi group. Plus the never ending debate between the bot and by hand traders. I prefer to use the best out of all 6 worlds instead of believing in common myths. Stacks just the favors in my odds. Oh no, the other way around. :slight_smile:

I would recommend backtesting and demo trading every single system that you see that looks interesting and people say is profitable. That is the only way to get a feel for what works for you…and that is what it is all about.

No matter how profitable a system is, if it does not fit your personality, you will lose money with it. Figure out what really works for you before risking any real money.