Graphs?

Hi I was wondering if any of you know what graphs they are using in the babypip’s examples in the school as these seem far better than the ones at etoro. As some of the indecators on etoro such as Stochastic are very poor compaired to what they are using.

• would I be able to use a different site for my graphs then the site I actually trade on?

thanks for your help.

I have no idea what graphs they use, nor have i ever used Etoro. But you can sign up for a DEMO account on Oanda and then get an MT4 client. It never expires so you can get decent charting software and then trade etoro. but remember market makers are all different their may be discrepancies in prices, candle closes, spread etc. So i would double check everything first. Or just switch to a broker that offers either MT4 or a reliable client themselves.

I agree. You will find Onada charts and indicators quite good. The only issue is that they do have maximum daily chatrs and hence the charts will show maximum past one year’s chart. Sometimes a longer time frame is required if you are taking a bit longer-term positions and wish to apply the indicators like Fibonacci retracements for a past peak or low.

is Oanda a market maker? And sorry for my “noobie ness” but what is an MT4 client is is charting software or something?

If you use Oanda’s MT4 platform you can find weekly and monthly time frames. My charts for Cable and Fiber on MT4 go back to 2005.

Yes Oanda is a MM. MT4 is a charting package/trade workstation. It is one of the most popular and most powerful “free” packages. If you really want something good then your going to have to shell out for something like Ninja or tradestation. But for most people MT4 is enough. I personally use Oandas MT4 to do my charting on a day to day basis and it suits my needs. But i do prefer Ninjatrader although it has its quirks it has a much better order execution time and more powerful workstation, but it does have some drawbacks. The price also is steep about 1K.

The thing is I want to trade on Etoro but I would like to use different graphs. Etoro’s graphs are good but there is some
minor problems with it for me. So using a market makers graph would not work for me. I need some graph software with the live rates and Ninja trader have free software I just have no idea how to use it.

Oanda is a decent choice if there demo does not expire. I never really liked MT4 but thats just me. I know alot of other love it. Another place I like to used charts from is thinkorswim. There demo (papermoney) account never expires but you have to pay attention to what chart you are using. They have spot forex carts with spread calculated in the chart. Thay also have commision based charts where price is real time no spread calculated in. Then they have futures charts that differ a little from spot forex.

I you don’t mind, you may better call it charts instead of graphs.

I was talking about Oanda FxTrade :slight_smile:

My bad yes FXtrade does have very limited history. Apologies.

So which platform do you think is the best option for Forex?

All things are difficult before they are easy.

I am loving PipClubProCharts and use 2 different brokers, FXCM and FXSOLUTIONS