The Adam Theory of Markets by J. Welles Wilder Jnr

Hi,

As is well known around these circles: I’m a ‘J. Welles Wilder Jnr. Junkie’ and it’s thanks to ‘the old man’ that I’m still here being in a position to post due to my trading one or two of his systems that he designed and are detailed in his book ‘New Concepts In Technical Trading Systems’.

However: ‘the old man’ wrote another book, a few years later, called ‘The Adam Theory of Markets or What Matters Is Profit’. I never really bothered with the book because I knew that it didn’t detail particular trading systems (other than ‘The Adam Theory of Markets’ which could be construed a technical trading system of sorts in my opinion but is nothing like his other technical trading systems detailed in ‘New Concepts In Technical Trading Systems’). But for some reason or the other, this weekend, I was browsing the Internet, looking for ‘just general stuff’ on Wilder, and came across a .PDF download of the book. So I figured ‘what the hell’ and downloaded it.

Well all I can say is this: whether or not you agree with or can identify with ‘The Adam Theory of Markets’ the (other) content of this book WILL change your trading life and the way you ‘see’ or ‘perceive’ markets FOREVER. In true ‘Wilder Style’ there is no ‘waffle’. And don’t go downloading it because you think that there is some type of ‘Holy Grail’ trading system detailed in it. There isn’t. But his insights, thought processes, general rules to follow, why we do not follow these general rules, and what the impact can be of not following these general rules, are ‘priceless’. In some instances: one could argue that he’s input and insights are controversial and sometimes even contradict what we all have just come to accept as ‘general rules of thumb’ (or have simply ‘regurgitated’ these ‘general rules of thumb’ based on somebody else’s ‘regurgitation’ of the same). But read it carefully (more than once if you have to i.e. I had to and I’ll be reading it again before I place another trade again tonight or tomorrow) and I’ll tell you: this book WILL change your trading life. It’s not long, it’s not a huge download, no I didn’t buy it, and no it’s no longer subject to copyright (so you’re ‘in the clear’ there anyway and so am I).

If I’ve ever posted or shared something of real value with any of you on this site: this it it I believe.

To be honest: I took a REAL ‘knock’ on Friday on a trade that has now set me years back. And I couldn’t understand WHY or WHAT made me take this trade and WHY I let it go against me after having a ‘pretty darn good’ two to three year record behind me. Sure I’ve taken the ‘odd’ ‘riskier’ trade and due only to sheer luck have those trades paid off (UNFORTUNATELY handsomely). Download and read this book. It explains EXACTLY why I broke an (almost) unblemished trading record over the past two to three years and why it happened, what my thought processes were at the time (unbeknown to me at the time), and why it’s REAL easy for it to happen again.

The book can be downloaded from the ‘E-books for Trading Systems’ thread in the ‘Downloads’ forum on my forums (and no: I’m not trying to ‘solicit’ new members or clients i.e. I don’t have the bandwidth nor do I see the necessity to upload the book to various different and multiple sites so anyone that’s got ‘issues’ with this ‘tell somebody who cares’).

Technical Trading Systems at TechTraderCentral - Home

And I assure you of this: this is not your usual ‘psycho babble’ either.

Once again I say: if nothing else this is my ‘gift’ to you (from ‘the old man’ anyway). For those of you who have been trying to trade profitably and no matter WHAT you do you just don’t seem to be able to ‘come out on top’ then I believe the contents of this book will solve your problem (even if it means that you have to read it at the start of every single trading session).

I sincerely hope this helps you and results in your improving your trading (if you’re already profitable) or ‘get you there’ if you’re not.

Regards,

Dale.

1 Like

hey Dale, sounds interesting. I just downloaded it.

lol i read through a couple of pages and agree with everything that was written so far.

I risked just a glance and imho a nice read. Thanks Dale! :slight_smile:

Dale, why don’t you post and attach the e-book here on the babypips forum?

Coming on babypips and talking up an ebook and then directing people to another forum that asks people to register and go through an email activation process to get the ebook seems a bit scam-ish to me.

If you truly want to share the information and you’re “not trying to ‘solicit’ new members or clients” post and attach it right here.

thanks!

Good (monday) morning).

d-pip:

Now c’mon. You don’t REALLY believe that I’m not trying to solicit new members or clients??? LOL!!! Have you seen how ‘lonely’ it is over there??? Just me and 167 members (of which at least 10 are old BabyPips ‘friends’, one or two Deltastock employees, the admin account, and another account for me in case there is a problem with my own account i.e. a sort of ‘back door’). Although I see we’re on 177 members this morning so it’s working. LOL!!! But I do see and understand what you’re saying although it’s not meant to be ‘scam-ish’ I assure you. And honestly: I AM running out of bandwidth (I’ll be surpirsed if I make it through the day today i.e. I use 3G and have to buy data bundles and can only do that tonight). But yes: that’s ‘lame’ I know.

What I CAN promise you is this though (and there are a few members here that can attest to this): I don’t spam people with emails or advertising or ‘special offers’ and very seldom will you receive a general email from me or from the forums. What more: I’ll never share your email address with anyone so you don’t have to worry about that either. And it’s only the downloads forum that requires reqistration (which is unfortunate in this case). This only done to stop ‘Joe Public’ who is not REALLY interested but just goes and downloads GIGs of data ‘for the fun of it’. Remember: I’m in South Africa. There’s no such thing as a ‘free ride’ here let me tell you. You ‘pay’ for EVERYTHING e.g. bandwidth, disk space usage, traffic usesage, you name it, you pay for it!!! I suppose BASICALLY the idea is ‘I scratch your back and you scratch mine’ i.e. I get some new members (who really don’t have to even bother with my forums if they don’t want to) which makes my forums ‘look good’ and you get some information that I believe that you can benefit from. AND BY THE WAY (this not being directed at you at all d-pip): the very REASON for me having my OWN forms is because nobody gave me the ‘votes’ to have 'one 'lil ‘ol forum’ opened here for equity futures and commodities traders so DON’T BLAME ME!!! LOL!!!

I wasn’t expecting a message such as yours this morning so HERE is what I wanted to post this morning:

I was ‘slightly’ ‘off-track’ when I said that there is not a trading system in the book. After reading it AGAIN: ‘The Adam Theory of Markets’ IS, according to Wilder, a trading system in and of itself. I’ve not tried it or tried to draw the charts and ‘flip’ them yet to see if there is any credence to this trading system but I’m keen to find out. Put it this way: if the ONLY thing it’s useful for is its ability to ‘predict’ the most likely future direction of the markets for a given period then that’s good enough for me.

Also: I have ‘The Delta Phenomenon’ (which, and I have to boast here, was very kindly given to me as a GIFT, would you believe, by Wilder’s ‘Delta Society’, something which means a great deal to me and something which I cherish). HOWEVER: either I’m too ‘dumb’ or have that ‘left brain / right brain’ thing (problem) but I don’t quite ‘get’ ‘The Delta Phenomenon’. The reason I mention this is because ‘putting two and two together’ it would seem that ‘The Delta Phenomenon’ had it’s ever so humble beginnings in ‘The Adam Theory of Markets’. All I’m saying is don’t think that ‘The Adam Theory of Markets’ IS the ‘basic’ ‘Delta Phenomenon’. ‘The Delta Phenomenon’ is WAY more complicated and although I’ve tried to ‘solve Delta’ for certain markets I just don’t ‘get it’.

I just thought I’d mention this.

I download the book from a rather ‘dubious’ site (see how much ‘risk’ I’m prepard to take on YOUR behalf) and then uploaded this book to my ‘spam, banner, and virus free’ ‘collection’ purely because it ‘spoke to me’. It may not do the same for you but, because of Wilder’s writing style, it’s CLEAR and LOGICAL if nothing else. What’s frightening: it’s just so LOGICAL??? I’m INFAMOUS for waiting for pullbacks or taking countertrend trades. After reading this book I felt quite ‘foolish’??? I remember a few years ago telling my (then) girldfriend to not buy Gold at $900 (which she was about to do) because it’s ‘too high’. Fortunately she wasn’t that interested in trading and didn’t and basically lost interest but I’m guessing if she looked at a Gold chart TODAY she’s be ‘after my blood’. And how many good trades have I myself missed because I’ve looked at a chart and said ‘it’s too high’ or ‘it’s too low’??? These being but two examples.

Anyway: aside from the possible ‘scam’ perception I bellieve it to be good solid information and I hope it helps (especially new traders). For the MOST part: I’ve learned MOST of those ‘lessons’ but some of them are definitely contributors to a new trader’s failure or difficulty to ‘get ahead’.

Regards,

Dale.

Dale, It is useful for me to enhance my knowledge in forex trading. It is one of the best books about trading that I searched online. I am going to read all topics covered in it.

I think I know Dale well enough to assure you that he’s not running any sort of scam.

But, for you overly-suspicious types, here’s a shortcut to the Wilder book that Dale is praising so highly —

THE_ADAM_THEORY_OF_MARKETS_-_Welles_Wilder.pdf - 4shared.com - document sharing - download

If you choose the slow download (several seconds wait before download starts), you can avoid signing up for anything.

Works just fine.

Also, [I]4shared[/I] downloads have always proved to be safe. I have very robust antivirus/anti-spyware/anti-malware apps on my computer, and they are fine with [I]4shared[/I] downloads.

Hello Clint,

Nice to hear from you (I thought you weren’t ‘speaking’ to me anymore because of that little ‘incident’ a while back). But thanks for your ‘vote of confidence’ anyway.

But now YOU’RE ‘raining on my parade’ TOO!!! LOL!!! See this post (to TalonD):

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/41814-jays-unofficial-babypips-book-club-3.html#post297173

LOL!!!

Anyway: it doesn’t matter WHERE it comes from really let’s face it. As I may have noted: the text sort of ‘spoke’ to me like no other book I’ve actually bought (I’m still not sure about the ‘Adam’ system but I’m working on testing it although thank goodness I don’t need tracing paper and a pencil to accomplish the same). Just as long as it (the book) has a positive result on sombody’s trading then that’s all that counts really.

(The above being said though: my download is not ‘throttled’ so it’s faster unless you’re a ‘paid subscriber’ of one of these file sharing sites)!!! Sorry: couldn’t help that one!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Uh HUH d-pip:

I’ve got an answer for you!!! I couldn’t upload the book here even if I wanted to. I’ve just tried to upload a copy of FuturesMag for someone else and guess what: there’s a 2MB file size limit!!! LOL!!!

Just 'taking the ‘pi*s’ with you is all (but there really IS a 2MB file size limit).

Regards,

Dale.

hey Dale
Sorry I didn’t realize you were trying to get more members, well actually the thought did occur to me but only for a split second before my brain went on to other things. That’s what I get for trying to multitask when I’m not used to it. But I didn’t upload the book here anyway so no harm done.

d-pip
Dale isn’t a spamer or scamer for sure. I’ve known him a long time, just a cool guy doing his own thang.

As for the Delta phenomena, I have the book, got it years ago when I was interested in futures contracts. I think it’s total BS to be blunt. It is based on the idea that the markets can be predicted by the movement of the planets and moon and stars. Show me the gravity of the moon lift even a feather off a table and float it in the air and then I’ll believe it can have some influence. Well ok it will lift a feather but also at the same time the table and the ground underneath along with the tides and all that but everything maintains the same relative position so nothing changes… no effect. Sorry, can’t help getting sidetracked with science stuff! :stuck_out_tongue: Wilder may be a smart guy but when he gets into astrology then that’s just too flaky for me.

Hello.

NOOO problem. Like I said: ‘no worries’. Really. As long as it’s for the common good it doesn’t really matter where it (the book) comes from (although I have to admit it’s quite ‘lonely’ over there on my forums although there SEEMS to be some ‘signs of life’ of late. Maybe I’m just too impatient is all).

And besides that: neither you nor I could have uploaded it here because of the 2MB file size limit (which I only realised yesterday after wasting 14MB of 3G bandwidth uploading a copy of FuturesMag for someone only to be informed AFTER that upload had been completed that ‘the file could not be processed as it is too large’ or something like that)!!! LOL!!!

‘The Delta Phenomenon’.

Hmmmnnn…

Honestly: ‘flaky’ is the precise word for it (I’ve been trying to find a good description for it while being involved in other discussions on the subject but have never found the right word to describe it up until now)!!! LOL!!!

Let me say THIS though: even although ‘solving’ all of the different ‘Deltas’ is ‘beyond me’ (you know: short-term, intermediate-term, whatever-whatever) (and don’t think I’m going bonkers here either) ‘something’ DOES ‘happen’ to the markets on or around every FULL MOON (I had to haul the book out and dust it off to check whether it was full moon or new moon). Don’t spend too much time on this but if and when you remember take a look at a stock index (like the Dow) and within a day or two (either side) of a full moon some type of ‘different’ market reaction does occur. I now just look at it when I remember and just for the sake of curiosity but there definitely is a ‘correlation’ of sorts. The PROBLEM is what to do (how to TRADE) such a correlation and therein lies the problem!!! That’s the ‘flaky’ part!!! LOL!!! Put it this way: I don’t think it’s something that you can simply learn and then trade from the book. You need to pay those exhorbitent fees to belong to the Delta Society from what I gather and they then ‘solve’ Delta for you and from what I HEAR or have READ it’s by no means TOTAL ‘nonsense’. But if I had the money to become a ‘Director’ (or ‘Lifetime Member’’ or whatever it’s called) I think I’d rather stick with Wilder’s original technical trading systems!!! ‘The Delta Phenomenon’ is just a tad ‘over my head’ to be honest!!! LOL!!!

But I AM experimenting with ‘The Adam Theory’ (for want of something better to do). I’ll let you know if it’s worth anything. Put it this way: ANYTHING that can ‘predict’ whether a market is going to close higher or lower relative to any previous given period is ‘worth its weight in Gold’. I’m not talking about EXACT (or ALMOST EXACT) closing prices but just the most likely (probable) close relative to a previous given period. It would SURE make MY life a lot easier if it’s at ALL possible!!! The reason being that most all of Wilder’s trading systems are ‘true stop and reverse’ systems and unfortunately that can sometimes result in loads of consecutive whipsaws on the shorter timeframes. ADX is SUPPOSED to be able to be used for this purpose (you know: with the +DI and -DI lines) but it lags WAY too much and it doesn’t matter whether you increase the ADX period or decrease the ADX period the end result is either that you miss spectacular trades that are in a direction CONTRARY to what ADX is telling you (if you increase the ADX period) OR you get whipsawed EVEN MORE (if you shorten the ADX period). So something just a tad more accurate and responsive would be nice!!! LOL!!! So I just basically trade his Swing Index System 'blindly, live with the whipsaws, and fortunately the end result is almost always positive but, of course, eliminating a few whipsaws here and there wouldn’t ‘hurt’ anything that’s for sure!!!

Regards,

Dale.

No astro finance relator here as well. The moon however has a relation to financials as well. Because it influents the peoples mood. Full moon means more activity in general. So it has a statistical relevance. I don’t know how strong that edge is, though.

Hello Mr. Gecko.

Well that’s probably what I’m noticing when I remember to look. I’m possibly one of the most sceptical people on the planet when it comes to stuff like this but this ‘phenomenon’ definitely does manifest itself (the full moon part I mean).

To go a LITTLE deeper: I did, at one stage, sit with ‘The Delta Phenomenon’ and tried to ‘solve’ certain of the different ‘Delta Timeframes’ (note these are not CHART timeframes that I’m talking about here). The only one that I could get even CLOSE to making sense of was ‘Intermediate Term Delta’ which is defined as ‘Markets repeat directly or inversely every four lunar months’. I did this exercise only for the Dow (daily charts). Sometimes: it was ‘uncanny’ how ‘correct’ it was. But most times it wasn’t that clear and that’s when all manner of other ‘things’ need to be taken into account and calculated and inverted and ‘you name it’ and that’s when it starts to get ‘shaky’ or ‘flaky’. As much as I hate to admit it: there IS ‘something’ to it. But it takes a mind far more brilliant (like Wilder’s for example) than mine to make any sense of it let alone make money from it. Put it this way: it’s nothing different from something like Fibonacci Numbers and Spirals. Why do they occur in nature for example (forget about trading because that COULD just be one of those ‘self fulfilling prophecies’) but ‘The Golden Ratio’ does exist. It’s PHYSICALLY MEASURABLE. And I guess there’s a lot of other things like this (I know there’s another set of ‘significant’ numbers too but I forget what they’re called now).

Who knows.

All I know is that Wilder retired a multi-millionaire from trading and I’m not even CLOSE!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Lunar effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Here’s something on the lunar effect on behavior.

If we didn’t think we could predict which way the markets will go then we wouldn’t be here. :smiley:

Thanks for that TalonD.

Very interesting.

And your comment should go down as ‘a quote of note’ (I shall save it and have it printed and attributed to you in ‘the book’ that everyone tells me I should write)!!! LOL!!!

Oh if we only knew ‘everything’ that we don’t know. What a world that would be.

Regards,

Dale.

Edit:

Do you think we should do ‘the old man’ (Wilder) a favour and add ‘The Delta Phenomenon’ to the article (as I understand it that’s what Wikipedia is about and how it works isn’t it i.e. never ‘posted’ there before. ANYBODY can contribute not so)??? LOL!!!

You know, and come to think of it, I think I should send ‘the old man’ an invoice for ‘marketing and promotional services rendered’!!! LOL!!!

ok Dale, I just finished reading through The Adam Theory (I came across The Delta Phenomenon a few weeks back but honestly ended up skipping it after seeing ‘sun moon earth and a calendar with tides’). At the moment, I really don’t know what to make of it, the first third of the book he speaks of what is essentially ‘if it’s going up then buy, if it’s going down then sell’ and ‘let the market tell you what it’s doing and don’t try to predict it’, those things I can sort of agree with (and I loved the “I’ll sell it to zero…I’d buy it to the moon”), but then he gets into some odd stuff when creating a trading framework for following the tide of the market ‘right now’.

How one discerns what is ‘going up’ and ‘going down’ (that differs from normal market jitter)? just as his example of the hobo wanting to catch a train, he gets on the train that is has begun moving in his direction, but I have trouble tying this to the method of double symmetry…well I’ve yet to try it out with some clear paper for myself on some currency majors.

I’ll know what I’ll be doing this weekend with clear paper, have you tried it? Bar by bar double symmetry predictions of where market will go?

Well a BIG hello there.

I, like you (from what I gather anyway), are sceptical when it comes to stuff like this. And to be honest: I did exactly the same thing with The Delta Phenomenon. I honestly thought that ‘the old man’ had FINALLY ‘lost it’ (and believe me: I believe that this business can quite easily cause somebody to ‘lose it’ i.e. I think I myself have been ‘on the brink’ on more than one occasion)!!! LOL!!! My first thought was that this could not be the writings of the same person who wrote ‘New Concepts In Technical Trading Systems’ to be honest. Now and then I’ve sort of ‘dusted it off’ (The Delta Phenomenon) and had a quick ‘squiz’ through it but honestly: it’s ‘over my head’. Either that or I just have not given it a chance because of my preconceived ideas about this type of stuff. And then, for no explicable reason, possible other than the fact that I’d just ‘screwed up badly’ on a trade the day before (on a Friday), I thought ‘let me see what’s in his other books’. Enter ‘The Adam Theory of Markets’. At first: I skipped all of the ‘Adam stuff’ (the charts etc.) but, as I say, maybe because of the situation I’d landed myself up in the day before, the words of the book almost LITERALLY ‘jumped out at me’. One would think that after almost six years at this ‘lark’: you’d know all of these things. And the sad part is: YOU DO. But as he (and even I MYSELF have noted): if you don’t follow your trading system, and you don’t use stops, and basically if you break any single one of those ten rules outlined in the book, there WILL come that ONE (MAYBE a second) trade that will ‘finish you off’. Alright, and thank GOODNESS for this book, I managed to avert disaster on the Monday. But it was ‘close’. Basically: I was sitting on a MANAGEABLE loss on a trade (although it was way more than 2% or even 5%) and ‘toying’ with the idea of just ‘letting it ride’ (not to mention the fact that I SHOULD have already stopped and reversed WAY before I was in the situation at an even smaller loss). And that Saturday, on page 65, these words ‘spoke’ to me: “There is only one unforgivable sin in trading … letting a small loss turn into a large loss”. The fate of that trade was ‘sealed’ then and there before the open on Monday. The market opened on Monday, gapped more against me, and I closed out the position. I can tell you that had I not done that: I’d have NOTHING today AGAIN. It was the Spanish IBEX. Not ONLY is it an index that I shouldn’t have been trading ANYWAY given my capital but I broke just about every one of those then rules. And the worst part: to this day I cannot tell why. Everything has been ‘smooth’ for MONTHS on end. And one day, as I say for NO GOOD REASON AT ALL, I went and did just about everything wrong and totally opposite to what I myself have ‘preached’ on these forums for at least the past two or three years. And THAT is a ‘harder pill to swallow’ than actually losing money. You feel like you’ve let yourself down as well as those that you’ve tried to help with trading!!! What I’m saying is that even if you EXCLUDE ‘Adam Theory’: this book is PRICELESS. Yes I know: we’ve ALL read ‘the golden rules’ in every different way, shape, or form. But I don’t know: the ‘timing’ of me finding this book, the fact that I’m definitely ‘Wilder biased’, or maybe just the ‘no nonsense and no fluff’ approach that he has when explaining things, is what ‘did it for me’. Put another way: ‘New Concepts In Technical Trading Systems’ is what my entire trading career has been based on for the most part. ‘The Adam Theory of Markets’ is now my ‘insurance’. And I’ve not even GOTTEN to ‘Adam’ yet!!! LOL!!!

Then I started thinking: I’ve based (as I noted) my entire trading career on ‘New Concepts in Technical Trading System’ (mostly Wilder’s Swing Index System) so WHY should I doubt ‘the old man’ NOW??? So this past weekend I started looking at ‘Adam’. This is not a stupid man especially when is comes to money??? As a matter of fact: I think that the man is total genius (just take a look at his Swing Index System and his thought processes and you’ll see what I mean if you haven’t done so already). What’s more: he’s not going to simply ‘cough up’ a million dollars to patent or copyright something on a ‘whim’. So I started taking a look at it seriously. I have to be honest: it’s a lot ‘simpler’ than The Delta Phenomenon so maybe THAT’S why I got interested I guess. At least I can ‘get my mind around Adam’. So I ‘solved Adam’ (the word ‘solved’ comes from ‘solving’ Delta I guess) for this coming week on Sunday afternoon (11/12/2011) before the market opened (for EUR/USD would you believe and THAT only because I found a ‘no deposit $20 bonus’ account on offer at some or the other broker and it was useless to me for anything else i.e. no indices and a minimum stop distance of 20 pips from the current market price and really it was just free money so ‘what the hell’ right). Well I’ve attached the chart that I solved ON LAST SUNDAY. Please DO note: the DATE that I indicated on this chart is WRONG i.e. it SHOULD have been 09/12/2011 but I typed in 09/11/2011 but I don’t want to tamper with it lest I get accused of ‘curve fitting’ or ‘bullshi*ting’ about this stuff. What’s more: I ensured that I sent a copy of this same chart to a very trusted and respected member of these forums via email just as a ‘backup’. Now remember that I ‘solved Adam’ on this past Sunday morning BEFORE the market open. When I awoke on Monday morning I just went short at market at whatever the price was at the time (I didn’t even bother to look). It wasn’t my money lets face it. Placed my stop as per ‘Adam’ and have let it run. Well: I don’t know what to say. You tell me. ‘Beginners Adam Luck’??? I cannot say. All I know is that EUR/USD has been falling every since almost in a straight line. What’s more: it’s dropped faster than ‘Adam’ predicted. THIS morning (15/12/2011) I ‘solved Adam’ based on yesterdays close. So far as I can tell: EUR/USD, if there is even the SLIGHTEST merit to ‘Adam Theory’, has a LONG way to go down still. So: I’m just leaving the position until I get the ‘market reaction’ which, according to ‘Adam Theory’, is when I’ll move my stop.

Today I also ‘solved Adam’ for Gold and the Dow. According to those charts: Gold is going down a lot further from its current price (in spite of a bit of bounce today). The Dow has a few days to go down and then, it would appear, will, in the coming weeks, and months, quite possibly ‘make it’ to 14 000???

As I said: ‘Beginners Adam Theory Luck’??? Co-incidence??? I don’t have that answer. It’s WAY too soon to tell and I’m certainly not basing any REAL trading decisions (or REAL money) on it at this time. But I’m going to stick with it and keep ‘solving Adam’ for a while. If it keeps ‘panning out’: it’s not so much that I want to actually ‘trade’ ‘Adam’ as such. I’m just trying to see if it will give me an ‘extra edge’ is all. In other words: if, according to ‘Adam’, the most PROBABLE direction of any instrument is up, then I’m only going to take long trades with his Swing Index System (as opposed to stopping and reversing and getting my ‘ar*e’ whipsawed off before the trend resumes or reverses).

Alright: the attached charts are not too ‘neat and tidy’. For one thing: I’ve not managed to figure out how to put the Y-Axis on the charts so I don’t have the prices showing. The red lines are simple lines that I’ve drawn on the charts so that once I’ve create the ‘Second Reflection’ chart I can use those lines to ‘align’ the ‘Second Reflection’ chart correctly. On the charts: the GREEN bars represent the REAL market and the YELLOW bars represent the ‘Second Reflection’.

I’m just going to attach here the charts for EUR/USD (daily). The one ‘solved’ on Sunday (11/12/2011) and the one ‘solved’ this morning (15/12/2011). Make of them what you will. ‘Mumbo Jumbo’ or ‘flaky’??? Time will tell.

All I’m doing (by the way) is saving the charts (after drawing my reference lines), calling them up in Paintbrush, ‘cropping them’, and then ‘flipping’ the ‘Second Reflection’ both horizontally and then vertically, and then aligning them together into a new complete image. To be honest: I personally think that doing it manually (Wilder’s way) would be simpler (believe it or not). Problem: I’ve not even SEEN graph PAPER on sale here for YEARS!!! LOL!!!

All I can say is this: ‘Adam’ or not. I stand by the title of my thread: this book WILL, if you keep it beside you and treat it as ‘gospel’, it WILL ensure that you don’t EVER ‘take that ONE chance’, that will ‘finish you off’.

Any thoughts or input would be appreciated. ACTUALLY: I should be posting about this on my OWN forums i.e. it’s no wonder it’s so ‘lonely’ over there because I’m STILL always posting HERE!!! LOL!!!

If there is ANYTHING to ‘Adam theory’ though: I pity anybody that’s ‘holding and hoping’ long positions on Gold!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Edit:

Alright: I included the daily chart of Gold ‘just for fun’ (‘solved’ today i.e. 15/12/2011).

Also: I’ve ‘WinZipped’ them i.e. for some reason they just ‘appeared’ right in the middle of my post even although I’d only ‘attached’ them and not used the ‘Image’ option and they were not showing up nice and clearly or easy to read.

Also take a look at this thread:

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/41887-parabolic-sar-strategy-potential-100-pips-per-month-5.html#post301962

I know it’s a bit of a ‘cross post’ and quite a lot of my posts are off the topic of ‘Adam Theory’ but read them anyway (especially the last paragraph of my last LONG post on that thread). Just for some extra information.

Adam Charts.zip (63.6 KB)

I just glanced back through a few days of GU charts and sometimes the Adam theory seems to hold up and sometimes I don’t see it. But that was just a quick glance flipping the charts over mirror image in my head so may have missed some.

Yeah that’s what I’ve been trying to do up to now, doing the double symmetry thing in my head, sometimes a hit sometimes a miss. The examples in the book are not bar by bar (constantly updating what the market is doing ‘right now’) and have huge rallies which make a layman ma crossover look great, and the small choppy periods seem sort of subjective…well I’m still trying to get my head around it…