Does anyone know this Andrew Mitchem "forex trading course"?

Hi, I am Tom,
I am looking for an objective opinion,
laetly I heard about the forex trading course that a guy name Andrew Mitchem does online.
I heard from one person that it is very useful and I heard from another person that it is to expensive for what it gives.

Did anyone do it? recommends it or not?
Whats exactly is in it?

Thanks people

Well I’ve never heard of it.
But I suppose now you will expect me to go and google it right?
No thanks, not interested.

Ha ha, stochastic indicator strategy, in that case yes, he’s charging about 10 times too much.

Tom
Check this thread out in Newbie Forum. "What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader… Still Wants To Know"
I think he has the answers for you. And then some.

piptronix if you knew how to read english correctly, you would understand that I was looking for someone who had the course.
If you start you sentence with the fact that you never heard of it so your opinion is not matter.

Mr Frank
My sincere apologies, not for any lack of understanding of the English language, but for my unprecedented attack on you.
You see, the skeptic in me thought that you and the author of the course were one and the same, and that you were promoting
the course. Obviously you are not, and I’m completely wrong. I realised my mistake after posting it.

Once again, my apologies.
I’m also a newbie, and hope to see you over at the ICT’s thread. Trust me, its better than spending your money on a course.

Cheers

O… now I understand you and all the “google it” thing hahaha
no problem man :slight_smile:

Hi Tom, I have done the course. I did the online video course about 3 months ago. If you still have any questions about it, let me know. Let me know, I’d be more than happy to share my experience with it.
Beau

1 Like

hi beauh … i spoke with someone who had done this in the uk… his results were variable but that appeared to be more to do with the time he could donate to trading rather than the daily calls or the system itself… the write ups and the testimonials appear genuine and ive spoken with andrew by email… just seems like a fair bit of wedge to lay out initially… could you tell me more about your experience? the webinars, the system, pairs traded, hours/sessions etc etc… on the surface the money management, risk reward appears to be sensible…more info would be great.

cheers deskpop

Hi deskpop,
This is the type of course that you definitely get out of it what you put into it. The course is designed to help you become a “career” trader. It’s not a signal service and it’s not one of those systems with simple arrows that supposedly tell you to enter without any more questions. This is an education. Therefore, if you’re not completely committed to putting in the necessary time, this may not be the route for you. But that’s really one of the things that attracted me to the course. I wanted forex to be a career for me. Something I could make a living from. It’s kind of like the old saying, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. As far as the “wedge” (first time I’ve heard that expression. lol) I thought it was bit much when I first came across it too. But after doing my due diligence, speaking with Andrew and a couple of the clients, and giving it all some serious thought, I concluded that if this course really is the education that would “fast track” me to becoming a full-time trader, $2000 wasn’t that big a price to pay. How much are college and university course costing these days?
Now, Andrew’s system that he’s developed is quite simple when you break it down. It uses many of the things commonly found throughout forex forums and education sites like this one. It’s true. But the value for me came in finding someone that could help put it all together. I personally felt that the initial outlay of the course fee was worth the time not wasted anymore trying to educate myself. (mostly just spinning my wheels).
I took the course about 3 months ago. I spent a good 2 months learning. (not including the holidays.) I am still learning but things are going well so far. I started taking my own trades about 3 weeks ago. Initially, I was over trading. (something that Andrew continually warns his clients about) I have recently been able to curb that and my success rate is looking alot better now. I personally am being very conservative at the moment and shooting for 1% return on my account per day. I achieve this on average in about 3 hours. (I trade the US/London overlap)
The strategy that Andrew teaches works for any pair on any time frame. Whatever suites your personal life situation. (this was another attraction for me) Although I must add that there are certain “rules” you must adhere to depending on which pair you are trading. (a few simple rules that apply to any strategy, concerning spread mostly)
The money management that Andrew teaches is very simple as well and SO effective. This was an area that I struggled with as well before I took the course. He’s developed a simple yet effective tool for MT4 that calculates your lot size you should be trading based on the pair, your stop loss size in pips and your risk allowance. You can download it free from his website I believe.
I hope this info helps. I have put together a review website that documents my experience with it so far and also I’ve begun chronicling my journey with it via a blog. If you’d like the link to the site, PM me and I’ll share it with you.

Take care,
Beau

PS - I just want to add about a bonus strategy that Andrew’s gives his clients. It’s a EUR/GBP breakout strategy. It takes about 5 min/week to put on. It’s returned amazing results so far this year. We risk 0.5% per week with this trade. And so far it has hit full profit 4 weeks in a row for a 6% return on account. (this weeks just hit full profit about half hour ago) I’m really happy with this simple extra “mechanical” set and forget strategy as well.

3 Likes

cheers beau… that thread over at T2W is getting rather nasty…

Hi deskpop,

You’re right, that thread is getting nasty. That’s why I don’t post there anymore. Besides, the guys there that are make that thread nasty are not even clients, so their opinions are just that - opinions. (mind you I don’t know how one could have an opinion on something they’ve never tried)

I’m sure if you wanted to talk with real clients, Andrew would be more than happy to put you in touch with some of his clients via phone/email/skype.

In the final analysis, choosing the right course can be difficult. I was there. And honestly, this course may not be the course for everyone. It may not be the course for you. It is an education and as such requires a considerable investment of time and energy. But for me, this was the education that I personally needed. And it’s working for me, and that’s what’s most important to me at this particular time.

I wish you all the best in finding a solution, that works for you.

Beau

2 Likes

Thanks for explaining everything so clearly beauh! It got me thinking haha;)

All right, I’ll bite - what’s the cost and how long does the course run? Does “Andrew” offer a day-to-day coaching or is it a bi-weekly program?

Fxmall - There are 4 options. You can see the details of the 4 options described on the website. I took the cheapest option, the online video course. $2000. You get an 80 page manual, access to the course videos in the members section of the website, 3 months of his daily trade recommendations and 3 months access to his clients only webinars. You can do the course at your own pace. You also get direct access to Andrew. He answers emails very quickly and you can chat with him on skype if you need to as well. He is very helpful as a “coach”.

1 Like

Hmm, may look into it since I need some help with futures…I assume that Andrews covers everything? Either way, will check out the website later. On that note, what about newbies or is this course open only for experienced Fx traders?
And in case we are not happy with the course content, can we request a refund? If so, what’s the timeline on a refund request?
Sorry for the queries, just that I have been burned in the past…LOL

Fxmall - I can’t say for certain whether Andrew’s course would work with futures. In terms of this course being good for newbies or experienced trades, it’s good for either. However I would probably say, in my opinion, that a newbie would have a shorter learning curve. Sometimes, as was the case with me, if you have experience already, it takes a bit more time to “de-clutter” your brain from all your bad habits. The brain is like that. (mine is anyway) It has a harder time picking up new concepts when its been fed different ones for a long time already. Now that being said, if you are an experienced trader already and you have the ability to free your mind of what you’ve been taught in the past, you’ll definitely learn quicker, this course and any other course for that matter. This is all just my opinion of course.
As for a refund, I know Andrew did have a money back guarantee offer that ended December 31, 2011. I’m not sure if he’ll be offering that again soon. You could email him and find out.
I totally understand being burned. There’s just soo much garbage out there.

Hi Beau. I would like more info on Andrew’s program. Can you please contact me? I’m new to the site and haven’t created enough posts to be able to email you. Thanks!

This Beauh guy sounds like an affiliate for Mitchem. 20.000 thousand dollars for a day of private coaching ? :eek: To someone who, like all the other $300 a course price action peddlers, doesn’t have any proof of trading profitably ? There’s one critical review that I fond about him Andrew Mitchem Forex Trading Coach – You Must Be Joking, Right ? | JLTrader

A friend recommended that to me. But am attending a program right and afterwards I would look into that.