Trading with Robots

Hi, how can i start trading with a robot with little or no fx experiece.

First you should read the babypips school, then you should choose a good broker and start demo trading with robots. There are many live reviews out there like Birt’s EA page. I personally trade with MillionDollarPips and with the right broker you make good money!

You should have basic info about forex trading to trade with Robot, babypips school is the best source for it. Then choose broker which offer trading with robots and start forex trading.

The good ones, a stand alone EA, ( Robot ) are expensive, and finding the right one, is just as expensive… I say stand alone, seeing you plan to just throw it on a chart, and let it go to work, life isnt that easy…

Good luck with that.

You HAVE to learn the inside and outs of the forex, at least the basic stuff…

Just saying…

I have been hooked on EA’s since is started forex, ( just like you, a plop and forget type thing), but it dont work out like that…

I’m more of a manual trader, there is a time when a trader might be a bit obsessed with finding the prerfect EA, but with manual trading I can safely say that I tend to learn more, since I do spend more time in front of a monitor! all the best

your absolutly correct with this

If your long term trade holder, then, yes, you can find a pretty simple EA, Which isnt a bad thing either…

For me, there is alot of pips for the taking while Im sleeping, So my EA is to catch those breakouts, even if an extra 30 pips a night is cool with me…

but there are a majority of times, that manual is the best, althought, I like to Use EA to trigger the trade, for best timing, or manual tick chart, like Im doing today…

BUT, Im using my logic from my strat, as if my EA was running, but again, there are just those small, but profitable times that YOU have to catch. Not to mention the intuition that the brain builds over time, where you just spot things, instantly and automaticly, its just getting the clicker on the right tabs to make the trade in mere seconds, if you scalp or swing trade…

Trading with robots isn’t as easy as it sounds. Being perfectly honest here, I spend MORE TIME working with robots than I do manually trading. That’s in the form of backtesting, optimisation, and constantly trying to build my infrastructure up.

And if you have no trading experience and just want to get into black-box, good luck. Automation can only start once you have a good grasp of manually trading. The programming merely aids you. If you think you can just go out and buy a commercial grade EA and run it… Have fun losing money; you need to know how the markets work and trading as whole. If you have no experience in trading, you wouldn’t even know what the different settings meant!

Hehe, I bet it’s cool with you … 30 pips a night add up to 600-650 pips a month … which is pretty damn good, no matter whether you trade manually or automatically, intraday or swing-type. :smiley:

And Botman,

… don’t. Rather donate the 200-500 bucks to your favoured charity, they’ll do more good there.
I don’t mean to be offensive, but you’ll blow your account one hundred per cent … learn the basics of manual trading, then learn how EAs work … then try trading with one, on a demo account.
If there was an EA generating guaranteed daily profits, there’d be no more forex traders, because they’d all have bought it (no matter the price) and would just run it, while enjoying the beach all day long.

Cheers,
O.