Programmer looking to trade automatically

Hey all. Iā€™m a programmer and have played some with forex. Mostly what Iā€™ve done with a friend is use signal services where I would automatically parse the signal and via Meta Trader have the orders entered automatically. Of course with this method we are tied to the signal provider and havenā€™t had much luck. From what I can see they all use shady math on their sites to show their ā€œprofitsā€.

I was thinking instead of trend trading. My idea is from MT have a process that dumps the price & timestamp to a file every x seconds. Then have another process reading this in and storing it in a database so that I can have another program check out the trend lines over whatever time period I want.

Iā€™m more interested in sniping and from what Iā€™ve read the opening of the US and UK markets is the best time for this as itā€™ll have the most movement and less noise.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice, thoughts, etc about this or signal services?

For sure doing this on a demo account :slight_smile:

Thanks!

How much experience do you have with programming?

In general I have 12 years mostly with .NET and C++. I program professionally for a large company and as a hobby I attempt to do video games, but wanted to get more into automated trading as a coworker has gotten me into Forex. Iā€™m new to MetaTrader programmer but it seems pretty basic and Iā€™m picking it up fast.

I posted on your message boards. :wink: I think I may be able to help.