Programmer looking to trade automatically

Hey all. I’m a programmer and have played some with forex. Mostly what I’ve done with a friend is use signal services where I would automatically parse the signal and via Meta Trader have the orders entered automatically. Of course with this method we are tied to the signal provider and haven’t had much luck. From what I can see they all use shady math on their sites to show their “profits”.

I was thinking instead of trend trading. My idea is from MT have a process that dumps the price & timestamp to a file every x seconds. Then have another process reading this in and storing it in a database so that I can have another program check out the trend lines over whatever time period I want.

I’m more interested in sniping and from what I’ve read the opening of the US and UK markets is the best time for this as it’ll have the most movement and less noise.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice, thoughts, etc about this or signal services?

For sure doing this on a demo account :slight_smile:

Thanks!

How much experience do you have with programming?

In general I have 12 years mostly with .NET and C++. I program professionally for a large company and as a hobby I attempt to do video games, but wanted to get more into automated trading as a coworker has gotten me into Forex. I’m new to MetaTrader programmer but it seems pretty basic and I’m picking it up fast.

I posted on your message boards. :wink: I think I may be able to help.