Why is the USD expected to go up due to the credit raiting downgrades of euro?

i don’t understand the economics of it, i know i should polish up my economic understanding, but this one just really duped me :S

Simple,

Think of it this way.

Anything good for a Country = Good for their dollar anything their pair is against So therefore if your pair is setup like this EUR/USD

It would make it so that you have the euro and your going to transfer it into USD however you know by playing forex that their is no solid figure and that its constantly moving so if you hear say the economic growth in the USD is down it will send the EUR up because that means the USD has weakened towards the EU therefore causing it to go up.

Inversely the other way can happen if **** happens in the EU which I mean their credit rating, Greece, France, etc one of them is in heavy debt and is about to default = bad news for EU which means EUR/USD will go down therefore devaluing the euro making the USD stronger against it right?

To lessen the confusion if it was USD/EUR it would be considered changing your USD to EUR there fore it’d be in the 0.7400~ where as EUR/USD is 1.2600 ~.

Lets take the EUR/USD @ 1.2600
Bad news in EU makes USD go up = -1.2600
Bad news in USD makes EU go up = +1.2600

It also works this way
Good news in USD makes EU go = -1.2600
Good news in EU makes USD go = +1.2600