Who here makes a living from FOREX trading?

Hi guys,
I was wondering if there is anyone here who makes a leaving of forex. I want to replace my day job with fx trading. If yes, how ong did it take you to get to that level?
Thank you

75 views and no answer … you got your answer :smiley:
However, I am sorry not to answer, but I am 22 years old and I started with a capital of 5.000 euros, so I don’t live trading on forex. I think that here there are some traders who manage to live trading on forex. But you can read the book “The New Market Wizards”, there are interviews to great traders … they got it!!
Good luck :slight_smile:

It took me five years to be a completed, profitable trader. Maybe I am too conservative. I think another year I can live off on the FX markets.

Good Luck and happy trading!:slight_smile:

I make a living by most standards. :slight_smile:

I think that there are several on here whose primary source of income is currency trading, myself included. However in terms of the question ‘how long does it take’, that will vary enormously depending on the person asked. There have been various threads on this, some of them quite lenthy, during my time on the site, so you could search for those and some idea, but basically we are all different.

For me it comes in two stages: firstly, one needs to be consistently profitable in trading. The second stage is that one has to have sufficient confidence that one will remain profitable that one stops working at other things and focusses solely on Forex. For me, I was profitable within my first year, but it took several months before I believed that sufficiently firmly to focus on Forex over other things.

Also, I was fortunate enough to have a separate business and an understanding wife with a good career who was supportive enough to fund our lifestyle entirely for two years while I learned the ropes. So my decision-making process was probably more bullish than it would have been had I not had that safety net.

ST

I am not making living from FOREX trading and there is only a few, who made living from FOREX trading.

There is 4 I know on this website that is a profitable trader. One of which is Inner Circle Trader. The one posted to your question. Come on over to his blog on this site. Under Newbie Island we would be glad to have you. It is full of information to get started. Best price for what you get. It is freee and a heck of a lot better than anything you will purchase.

That right there, is a main key, if you dont have that, its End game for many.

Anyone can actually make a living out of forex trading it all depends on your investment capital. If you invest more, you earn more. But be carefull not to take too much risks.

Unless of course your not married, dont have a career or family to support and still wondering which direction to take in life lol :wink:

Regards

Sanj

Just remember that 90%+ is failed when they try to trade FX

Just my 2 cents.

if the usual often quoted 5% success rate is close to being right then you have a 1 in 20 chance of making it. That’s better odds than playing the lottery and with about the same payout. It takes a lot of time and effort and patience though. :wink:

I make a living… and a little bit more as well… :wink:
And I’m 18 years old, it’s do-able.