Technical Analysis, Price Action, and Timelines (Aid a Noob)

First off, I just wanted to say thnak you to whoever put this website/forum together, as I have found it to be refreshing as far as investing/trading goes. In my experience, it has been hard to find a proper progression for trading outside of school (I.E. the books are either too simple or too complex, never a middle ground for intermediates), and this place fits the bill nicely.

I’ve always been interested in technical analysis, and price action has popped up there as I started going after Forex knowledge, but I’m not really sure how to use them in regards to timelines. Are they useful in very quick movements such as holding a position for maybe an hour, or is it best to use this info as a long term indicatior? I’m more of a short term position kind of guy, and I want to make sure I am using these tools in the right way.

they work on any time frame, i have used Technical analysis on monthly charts all the way down to 1min charts. you can find a time frame and a setup/system that fits your trading personality.

Concur with MeiHua, TA works on any time frame. Just remember that stop loss and take profit targets widen as the time frame grows larger, and vice versa.

Alright, sweet, thanks. I was looking into the TA but some sites were only giving examples of long time frames and others were giving small ones. I just wanted to be sure it would be used properly.