MT4 timezones

Hi everyone,

I’m ever so sorry if the following question has been asked and answered before however I can’t seem to get myhead around this so any help you can give me is much appreciated.

I’ve downloaded the MT4 platform from the official website and have begun to demo a daily fx strategy which I’ve been using in my spread bet account with reasonable success over the last 6 months. The spread bet company I use is ideal as the daily candles finish a 10pm UK time which coincides with the end of the New York trading session. Due to the fact I only use daily charts for analysis it is I believe important I’m seeing the same end of session daily candles as everyone else. So to my problem!! The MT4 platform I’ve downloaded runs +1hr in front of current UK time (which in itself isn’t a huge problem) but then finishes the daily session/candle at 11pm UK time which shows mid night on my charts.

I understand that the platform could be running on GMT+1, which solves the actual +1hr chart layout, but not the session/daily candle finish. Are the MT4 platforms programmed to finish at mid-night or at close of sessions as I really need to get this right!!

Many Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Every MT4 runs at the broker’s server time.

Your MT4’s trading day starts at 00.00 server time and ends at 23.59 server time.

O.