Is this for real?

No obligation, free forex training! There must be a catch somewhere…

Trainee Forex Trader - Home Based Full or Part Time - Totaljobs.com

I think the Kicket comes where it says

“Attendees of this workshop will not be asked for any financial contribution unless you choose to attend an advanced training course.”

But you’ll probably get a free tea or coffee if you attend. :slight_smile:

Totally agree, ive been to one of these to see what they were like, with no actual intention of following it through. They are a high pitch sales talk, trying to sell you the idea that you have been sucessful, and the company has seen potential in you as a person. Dont get me wrong, they are a good laugh to attend, just watching the bull **** flow out of their month, it becomes very clear they are comission driven! Dont let them sell you the dream, all they want is your inflow of revenue.

Guess you can attend for the laughs and the eats but that’s just about it. It’s the old bait and switch tack with one difference - they fatten you up before they swindle you out of your hard earned cash.

Hey, if they’re so good, then why they want new customers huh?

Well I’ve followed the link they sent, and guess who showed up at the end of it? A group called “Knowledge to Action”, offering 2 hour seminars! I’ve heard bad things about them before, so I dont think I’ll follow this (unless they actually pay me to drink the coffee). Ah, well, back to reality…

But equally, if it’s free, all knowledge is good knowledge. Don’t assume something is bad because you have heard others knock it, would be my advice. Negative people tend to shout more loudly than positive people, in my experience. More people shout a complaint than shout that they are happy, after all, in any area of life, which can skew the common perception.

(I have not followed the link in your OP, just speaking generally about listening to negative people rather than drawing your own conclusion, as I know K2A and am a big fan. In my experience, few of the truly successful people in life spent much time allowing strangers to influence their opinion.)

ST

Why dont you ask any successful business this. I bet you get the same answer from all of them.

I’ve read this somewhere here on babypips and I quote " he who can’t trade. TEACH" there you have it. :slight_smile: why pay when you can get it for free! here at babypips right? :smiley:

Because we all of us learn differently and some prefer a more structured, contextualized environment with tailored aftercare and lots of direct contact, others prefer a more flexible, online, cheaper resource where they need to weed out the blind alleys for themselves. My own view is that both methods can work well and both methods can work poorly depending on the individual concerned, as we all need a different set of circumstances to succeed at anything as we all have different strengths and weaknesses.

I learned from a course, it suited me, others learn from the internet free resources, that suits them, we are all profitable.

There are others who pay money for a course but still ultimately fail as traders, there are also many who try to teach themselves using the online, free resources and then five years later they have either given up or are still scratching around either making no money, making a loss, stuck in demo, or making a pittance compared with the investment of time and effort they have in the whole enterprise.

Setting aside the fact that not everyone can be successful at everything, so some would fail at trading regardless of which education route they pursued, both the formal tuition and the free online education routes have produced both good and bad traders.

So that’s why some would pay when it is available for free here at BP.

ST

(And as a footnote, BP is a great site, the best imho, with some fantastic advice and information on here from some very capable traders - but there is also a small amount of complete drivel spouted every day, so all rookies need to come up with their own method of weeding that out: being a great site does not mean that this is an educational resource without pitfalls)

That’s true and expanding it further, more business tend to pay for the buffet dinner in the hopes of snagging new customers. And as to the effectiveness of the course - that remains to be seen. I, for one would want to know more about the freebies being offered…