Margin call predict

I trade GBP/JPY only one position opened on account
Leverage 1:100
Account equity: 1000$

My question is: I opened a position, for example buy at 133.00 . Today trend goes down so for example now it’s at 132.00 so i’m using a 30% of my account equity.
I want a mathematical formula to calculate what will be maxim value (126.00 or 125.00 or …) i can reach after that my broker will send me a margin call and then close my position because i’ll used 100% of my account.
I need this so i can predict when refund my account before Broker close my trade loosing all.

Thank you

You’ll have to tell us how many lots you bought. If you bought at 133, and 132 is a loss of 30%, then you would think that you will be getting calls at 130 and below.

So, are you trading $3/pip right? if so, your available margin is around $700. therefore, the pair needs to go down about 126 to margin call your account (700 pips down).
hope this help
NVGU

Oh, keep in mind that the value of GBP/JPY is greater than $3/pip. It’s about $3.5/pip.

I’m trading 0,02 Millions.
I’ll buy or sell 20k (20000) GBP vs. JPY

Let me ask you this? Don’t you have a stop loss? I mean most of traders do have a stop loss to protect their capital when a trade go agaisnt them. Typically around .5-1% of the capital. So every trade you explore is between $5-10! that’s it.
Now, I see that you’re risking way too much. Please go to the school of pipsology in this forum.
Just my 2 cents

I agree with nevergiveupss, if you have a stop in place, you never have to worry about a margin call.

anyway how to calculate this value?

Ok, so here’s you go, my friend!
you’re risking $2.44/pip*320pips=$780.80
so the pairs need to drop to around 129s to margin you out! I hope now you can understand much better!
Good luck!

how did you found this value $2.44 and 320 pips?

OK, Most of JPY Pair is valued at $1.22(for mini lot). Since you trade 2 lots=$2.44/lot. You had have exposed $200 in your margin since you use 100:1, therefore, your available is around $800. Take 800/2.44=328 pips!
make sense now?

I’ve created an excel file uploaded here:

Deposit Files

Change initial account and open position will calculate all.
Could you check if it’s correct?

I can’t open your files due to safety of my computer! I think I already clarified all the math for you!
Regards,
NVGU!
P.S. YOUR File kinda have supicious virus! as my security software is telling me!:17: