Help with a strategy

hi i just wondered if any of you guys would share just a simple easy strategy or any info please thanks

Look up price action

trade longer time frames. /end strategy

Try trading with a few people together. With technology, you can put 4-5 person together to make trade decisions without the need to be physically together.

Simple, and easy do not go together with trading forex, or trading any financial market really. My best advise to you would be to determine if your looking for some easy money, or if your looking to work hard and learn this business. The school of pipsology would be a great start along with the blogs, and this forum. Best of luck to you!

Strategy is only one part of trading in Forex. Two people applying the same strategy can end up being polar opposites at the end of the day. One making money and the other with an empty account. You need a combination of strategy, mental toughness (acceptance that losses will come your way for example) and solid money management/risk control.

I for one, utilise a VSA strategy, and never risk more than 2% on a trade at any time. Stoplosses are a mandatory requirement and the setting of that stoploss is also vitally important. That alone could be the difference between overall profit and oblivion.

Things will not come to you. You will need to look through babypips to find methodologies that resonate with you. You need to learn those methodologies, along with prudent money management.

Check out the Holy Grail area and Newbies Corner. There are many options, but the first place to go is to Babypips School to learn some basics (It will take a while), and open a Demo MT4 account to learn the ins and outs of the platform, along with entry, exit, S/L, % risk etc in executing a trade. Then, when you start implementing trading methods and strategies, you will be all over the entries etc without trying to learn everything all at once. If you try to do it all at once, it will overwhelm you.

I have been here for almost 2 years and learned solidly over that whole time. I am only just coming out the other end with a profitable long term method, along with built to last trade management.

Good luck with it all. With time and perserverence, you can become successful with Forex :slight_smile:

The trend is your friend!

Very true KingKaviar. I very rarely take a trade against it, with the exception of the odd retracement against the trend to a 50-61.8 Fib Level.

Just gotta be careful when you are a bit late and join like the rest of the herd. Catching a falling knife can also hurt :slight_smile:

I’ve done a lot of different types of trading. I’ve only done day trading, and using end of day. At the moment i’ve been using end of day charts for years and it has been the best outcome for me.

Personally based on my experience alone I would say price action is the easiest to master and become consistent. You need to become good at reading the psychology and the story of the chart. Remember that a chart is an outside graphical representation of the world wide view of all market participants so it tells a story. All the answers you will ever need is in the chart.

The problem when you are starting off is that your eyes can’t see it yet since it doesn’t have the information to translates the graphs stimuli into usable data that you can take action on.

Price action will let you read and find out the story of the chart. When to get in/out, and find the bias of the currency. There is a story to be told in every currency you just need to learn to read it. You can go to my website i have heaps of free information there.

Some of the basics for reading a chart are:

Support and resistance
Swing points
Moving averages
Breakouts
Candlestick formations
Charting formations

I have been using the Charts for my trading needs and i can get good trade setup using them.

The ability to read the charts is an Skill that will come with both time and practice :slight_smile:

if ever you have the strategy in mind already, i suggest try it on a demo account before doing it a live account. it’s less risk and avoiding so much lose.

Testing the strategy in the Demo account is best for any trader be it a Newbie or successful trader. He must be able to place the trading system on test before he starts using it in the Live trading accounts.

thank you very helpful

thanks for the like louis123. I hope you learn from everyone else here in the forums.

A strategy needs an entry and a target. The target is just as important as the entry. Also a stop if the strategy isn’t 100% successful.

You win 100% of your trades based on your strategy?

Highly unlikely…

Oh these strategies do exist. You can look up FXCM competitions of live accounts or signal services. But yes, hard to do.

Swing trading is a simple strategy, and is ideal for a beginner. It is a trend following strategy that uses higher time frames. You have the momentum of the trend in your favour, trading higher time frames is a lot slower than day trading, and setups on longer term charts tend to be more reliable.

Have a look at this post I made on another thread. Check out the rest of that thread as well.

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/13380-trend-lines-support-resistance-6.html#post347987

The most difficult aspect of the Swing trading is when and at what levels we must decide the Top and Bottom so that we can get a good entry.

Also for swing trading system we need to have more margins in our accounts and better use a lower leverage.

You can determine suitable levels by looking for zones of confluence i.e. where a trend line, a horizontal support or resistance level and Fib levels (the area between the 38.2 and 61.8) come together.