What is more important?

Hi guys, i wanted to ask you, in your opinion what is more important, support and resistance lvl or trend line? The reason im asking is: imagine this scenario major trend line runing into the major S&R lvl, which one will win the battle? I know you will tell me to anticipate and see, but from your experience what have u seen more often hapening? Thank you for your answers.

According to me support and resistance lvl is more important.

As with all things forex there is no 100% foolproof answer but the
major S/R level should win out, that is what it is there for.

Book some profits, move your stop up & hold on tight.

Really all a trendline is is a diagonal level of S&R, anyway.

I trade trendlines, but in my opinion they are not as powerful as well-respected horizontal levels, particularly in the current market.

ST

Thank You for your answers.

I find whole Numbers, Like 00-25-50-75 as good footholds for S/R

My reasoning is, alot of traders set Stops at these numbers,

It works for me,

It’s the confluence that’s the best entries, - where they cross.

Where lots of things cross is even better!

Especially your fingers!!!

there is no escaping crossed fingers in trading forex lol, but I give it to S&R they are more respected i guess :slight_smile:

Just always keep in mind, S/R ISNT a Line, its an area…

Almost always, but then so are trendlines, for the most part - nothing in Forex is pip-perfect.

Based on the way I trade. I would say support and resistance wins the battle. But they work hand in hand.

I would never just make a trade because a resistance level has been broken. I would take the trade it if it had a series of higher highs and higher low swings points giving the formation a bullish bias and the last swing point low matched up with an ascending trend line and all the momentum indicators such as moving averages and macd where bullish and on the day the resistance level broke there was a volume spike signalling that people where buying into the breakout which should create a market rally.

You have to understand why a level is support/resistance area. Be it a fib retracement, trendline, round #. They all attract [B]order flow[/B]. It’s your job as a trader to recognize what price is doing be it bearish or bullish. What’s the market sentiment for those currencies, what time of day is it (for liquidity reasons), ect.

In recent action, sell Euro on rallies in to resistance and cover on support areas. It’s difficult to show this on a forum, but map out those areas on confluence (round # & trendline for example) and watch price on a low timeframe as the level comes in to play. Experience in watching the charts will help you greatly.

That is too ambiguous, me for example i don’t care about horizontal lines, i just trade with trend channels.