Live trading for 3 weeks now, just bagged my 290th PIP

Opened a live account with Forex.com after being though the fantastic school of Pipsology and demo trading for a while.

Been trading the GBP/USD pair and have just bagged my 290th PIP. Have to say the steady downward trend has been a great help.

Going to be brave and leave a position open over the weekend. This will be a little nerve wracking. Like The Apollo space craft going out of radio contact on the dark side of the moon.

Bad habit to start, like smoking… Feels good at first, then, you just cant shake the urge.

I say Dont do it, but thats just me…

What if you invested with some company, and the owner sent you a letter, saying, " Going to Vegas this weekend, going to take 5% of your money to make more money"… What would you think about that?

Your probably fine. I wouldn’t worry.

As long as you have a good reason to leave your position open then you have no reason to doubt your own decision. As for comparing trading to gambling in Vegas, well that’s just stupid as they have nothing in common lol.

well, to me, holding over the weekend, is gambling. Anything can happen…

if you use a stop loss, well, if it gets hit, your loss, your money, do as you wish

MoneyNVRSleeps youre a funny guy. Heaven forbid you ever get into a trend that lasts weeks or months.

yeah the reason why I am leaving it open is that I am still following the GBP/USD down trend. Started the position a few days ago and it has collected quite a few pips in my favour, I am convinced it’s got further to go. Especially with the likelihood of quantitative easing on the horizon.

Will either work out well, or be a bitter learning opportunity :slight_smile:

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Congrats. I hope your success continues.

Hey Man, I wish you much success with this hold… NEVER will I say, " I hope you lose",

But, JMO, Its ready to go up 550 right from where its at…

Not over night of course, but I wouldnt be short anyways…

Thanks for the tip. Will see how it plays out this week and have my finger on the “eject eject eject” button :slight_smile:

Just a quick update, over the weekend it gapped up about 20pips. Wasn’t stung too badly however not something I’ll be repeating. Will aim to close on Fridays and reopen Mondays :slight_smile:

hey K2! I have just recently finished the pip school & am still on a demo account… I’m wondering if you could share your strategy with us because i have yet to remain consistent!

thank you very much!

Hi there, the school of pipsology is fantastic. My fledgling strategy is to stick with one currency pair, in my case GBP/USD. I noticed that at London open there is some movement, then around 13:00 GMT and again usually between 15:00 and 16:30. If there is sharp movement I look for retracements and sometimes fade breakouts.

Hey K2, I seen you WERE HOLDING, I thought you went Short, right before close…

anyways, keep up the good trading,

Hit those goals,