How long to demo trade - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default no limit

Quote Originally Posted by PhilanthroPIP View Post
    Hi there. I'm a newbie. I've been reading through a lot of posts and the consensus is to definitely demo trade before even thinking about using(losing ) the cash. For those avid traders, how long did you trade on a demo account before moving over to a cash account. I know I can't base my timeline on any other individual's experience....

thanks.
    I dont think there is any time as to how long you should do demo.though demo's last for 90 days you can open another if you feel not ready for a real account. Demo helps you to master the forex world, so keep doing until you feel ready, you don't have to rush things. Always remember that you would be investing your money, so the decisions you make now can affect you positively or otherwise.

A trader should trade in a demo account till he starts believing in himself and have confidence in the strategy that he was using in demo account for his practice. Only after this he should move to real account.

If you don't trust yourself with your strategy or the money then demo - of course, you can't make money with it though!

I have never demoed, went live after I felt comfortable with trading and opted for a micro-account so I could start to learn how to trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo35 View Post
    I have never demoed, went live after I felt comfortable with trading and opted for a micro-account so I could start to learn how to trade.
    Your method of practicing forex is very good but mostly traders when they practice with real account, emotions had great effect on them. On getting some profits with regular money management, they start using high lots and eventually lose all of their capital.

Quote Originally Posted by shanza View Post
    Your method of practicing forex is very good but mostly traders when they practice with real account, emotions had great effect on them. On getting some profits with regular money management, they start using high lots and eventually lose all of their capital.
    I agree, and one of the hardest tasks is to control your emotions so that they do not affect your decision making. I mean let's face it, most traders will never make it and there is a reason for that.

I can tell the exact time for any trader to spend on demos. Some even don't like to do trading on demo accounts and they choose micro or cent account for this purpose. So its totally upto an individual's personal choice.

Trade demo as long as it last, there should be no limit until you are fully satisfied and feel ready to trade with real account. Even if the time limit has elapsed, you can restart again.

Yes demo is the basic thing which helps to learn practical trading even you had a lot of knowledge about forex you can not do trading without practice. You should do demo trading for 6 months before enter to cash account. It will tell you all details of interacting to forex market.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Forex IB View Post
    Yes demo is the basic thing which helps to learn practical trading even you had a lot of knowledge about forex you can not do trading without practice. You should do demo trading for 6 months before enter to cash account. It will tell you all details of interacting to forex market.
    I disagree for the same reasons I have mentioned in this thread.

Forum Sponsors