Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

Under normal circumstances it wouldn’t be, because it’s neither in the buy or the sell zone, and today it is in line with the Asian session high, retracing there after a Judas swing upwards… Doesn’t look ideal for a buy, but stranger things have happened! :wink:

Hi PureMuscle, well i basically used it as a S/R point if it stacks with other S/Rs. In this case, the AZN range high + Previous Significant Support level and OTE. Not sure if its the right way though… always thought CPP can be used as a s/r level haha…

Haha bro of course it can be used :wink: It’s there to be bounced off of :smiley: I was just asking because it wasn’t looking like a typical London Open buy day. If you wanted perfect confluences you would’ve rather bought price below the CPP (in the buy zone) and below the Asian range high.

But regardless, the trade pulled in an easy 30 pips, so congrats :smiley:

Thanks PM for the comment, yea thinking back, that might not be the highest probability trade to be made. could have gone wrong lol…

this endless 30-60 range in cable, looks like a Super-Asian range. if days had 60 hours then it would be. these silly banks:rolleyes:… i wonder could a super range cause a Super Judas?

ICT,

With all the correlations in the markets, did you ever consider using the VIX index?
$VIX | Index Price Chart for CBOE Volatility Index

Because this index gives a view of the “fear” in the market, I think it should be correlated with the USDX index. More fear=move to safe haven USD, EUR/GBP will go down.

You can see clear divergences when plotting both the VIX and USD on a chart. For instance, on the above link, I could see divergences on 30st of March, 3rd of July, top of 24th of July, … which seems to correspond wth a nice move in the EUR pair for example.

Can we add this index also to our tools of divergence checks, or did you find this - with all your years of Wisdom :slight_smile: - not te be very useful/exact/… ?

Oh and btw, we’re almost one month in PTC, so a status update is due :slight_smile:

2011: trading without any knowledge and ICT: total armageddon
feb 2012-sep 2012: discovery of ICT material: 3% gain overall during this period:
sep 2012-oct 2012: PTC and Trading Plan Development with better understanding of the correlated markets + apply of the tools learned: 12% gain of the account during this month alone.

So kudos to you for all your hard work and dedication to this community!

After watching ICT’s latest PTC video I have begun plotting the SMT Divergence running into the AR, especially on H1

Seems very indcative which pair the the best the go Long on, provided that one gets the bias correct from the LT TFs.

very interesting. especially that it has potential for such an early signal

You have made some SMT div indi???
I was thinking to do something like that also… but still haven’t time to sit and write the code:(

Just eyeballs

Can you make a divergence indicator? I’m not a programmer but I’ve gone over the basics of c and c++ I wasn’t sure how to without continually updating the swing highs and lows. I’ve been wanting an ea that trades the figure bounce and uses SMT to confirm.

EDIT: iPhone autocorrect issues :smiley:

All that I’m currently doing is arbitarily comparing the NY Close high and low to the AR Open high and low. ie set times to check for divergence. Going back over the last week it seems indicative, although still early days and is not trend indicative.

Today it indicates that the Fiber is (relatively) more Bearish than the Cable or that the Cable is more Bullish than the Fiber. Pick your poison. :60:

The fibre does have a bit of a ‘clean’ support at the 1.2875 and there’s a 4HR OTE Swing resting just beneath so will it get raided at some point…? Market Flow pierced HH’s yesterday and there is currently SMT between the Cable and Fibre pairs on the 4HR…hmmmmm.

I just put in a Limit sell order for the 70% level ad fiber, and hope/belive the new yourk session wil take it down :slight_smile: im on a tottaly 1% risk since i lost 2% yesterday:/ and are taking half of at 20pips and the next half of at 60pips…

Okay, so I feel lucky somehow, I got it right, but my entry missed by 3.5pips :confused: but I cant help feeling about how good it would feel to actually hit it, especially after my loss yesterday :stuck_out_tongue: Oh well, new day tomorow, by limit order is deleted…

watching cable… bored out of my mind…

Likewise, extreme tedium. 1.2895 Long on the Fiber is looking tempting, but that makes me nervous while we’re in this current S&D market…

Flat all week so far, probably just sit this week out…

2 weeks flat for me…
ICT has turned me from an inpatient brat into a freaking Zen Master in less than a year!:wink:

Don’t mind that bro! Believe me, it hurts SOOOO much more when you enter the market and it doesn’t work out! Haha, so you’d much rather be right but have missed it, your account will appreciate the gesture :wink: Nevertheless, good analysis, keep it up! :slight_smile:

You guys are seriously an inspiration to me. I am trying so hard to be patient like that but it is far from easy going at the moment… I guess some people just need to take some pain before they see the light, haha :smiley:

Not easy at all for me either!
I want to get back up on my feet again financially as soon as possible… to the kind of lifestyle that I once had, and more… But I do know that not jumping in the market all the time, not overtrading, and instead only cherry-picking my trades IS probably the fastest way the get there;) I am determined enough to really want to get back up there financially to hold back my ego and urge to trade until I see something on the charts that looks like creampie… even if it takes freaking 2 weeks;) hahaha
Still have such a long way to go… but I really think I came a long way in less than a year thanks to michael and this community here. So thanks alot to everyone!

cheers