Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

I agree,
By far Im not using all the tools ICT has presented.
What I meant, and I believe what Palmy meant as well, is for example:
when does the traders trinity work best? Is is in a trending or ranging environment (lets say on an H1 timeframe)As I do believe that certain tools work best during specific market environmentsā€¦

Armed with this knowledge we would know how much weight we should lay on those signals, and when we should disregard certain signals all togetherā€¦

not sure if its clear what Im trying to say haha

but I definitely agree with you, that we need to find our own set of tools and a model that works for usā€¦ but I would prefer to have 2 sets of tool and 2 strategiesā€¦ one for range and one for a trending environmentā€¦

Agree. Thatā€™s why Iā€™d rather go back to ā€œclassā€ than continue to trade when I hit several losses, just to see what did I miss.

Almost like - build a window, it works! Move on to build a door, it doesnā€™t work! Go back to read the manuals and training materials again. :slight_smile:

Hey traders,

I donā€™t want to flood this thread like I do the other one :stuck_out_tongue: But please take a look at my posts on todayā€™s view.

http://forums.babypips.com/show-me-money-daytrading/44318-time-crack-some-pips-ict-style-33.html#post409198

Thx

Sybrand

Not quite the same though, with trading you get this kind of thing- place a trade and it goes right, however there is the possibility that it was a trade that you should never have entered to in the first place and 8 times out of 10 you enter that trade it will lose.

With a door, you know if itā€™s right or not, i.e. it works, it opens and it shuts, do the same again it open and it shuts, NOT the case with trading.

But yes, the principle is right, but itā€™s never hard and fast with Forex.

youā€™re spot on my friend. Iā€™m in it too, at 3006 (coz Iā€™m greedy, lol)

just to add couple more confluences:

• Judas is up from the open
  • Reflection pattern from yesterdayā€™s swing down
  • bearish divergence on 1H Stoch And MACD

so, as far as I can see it, its no brainer short

as I type, just took some off and locked 1 pip profit

:57:

Short from 1.3007 :slight_smile:

OTE from the newest range on 4H from 5Oct high - 11Oct low.

congrats.
during NYO I will see how things lookā€¦
for now, 1.6050 and 1.2930 look tempting for a reversal (if there is oneā€¦)
Proud that I let this one go even if it would have made me moneyā€¦ happy because I sticked to my rules;)

Ok, all you guys that have been shorting the EURO, you should not be congratulating yourself on any pips you got, at best you should be going, phew I didnā€™t make a loss, it was playing with fire.

What is your target for EU?

Iā€™m not in a trade, and at the moment I donā€™t intend to be in the near future.

Patience, patience, patience.

OKā€¦ are you waiting to go short?

Iā€™m waiting 'till I get a clearer picture. :smiley:

You might want to consider Turtle Soup off of the 20 level, that would be the short setup, but the market is bullish, remember all the higher lows.

Yes thanks. Thatā€™s my target. Also because of TL 17 Sep / 5 Oct and significant/ institution 20 level

this little spike south in cable was actually an bull OTE from todays low to highā€¦ but didnt get inā€¦ want some clearer signals and I want them during Killzones please hahaha

We now have USA CPI imminent, so wait.

Possible long on the cable from 1.6080, lets see what NYO brings :slight_smile:

That 1.3000 level looked really promising for a 20-30 pip scalp, a bounce in other words. But looks like it did not materialize. However its best to wait for a long signal to get in sync with market structure.

Iā€™ve started to investigate the use of Thomas Demark Trendlines (sometimes used by Chris Lori) as an alternative method to assist is removing some subjectivity from identifying the trend and the points from which to pull the fibs to ID the OTE.

Description and MT4 indicators at #6 Tom DeMark Trend lines | Forex Strategies & Systems Revealed

Examples on the current Fiberā€™s price action are :

Daily

H4

H1

itā€™s relative to timeā€¦ thats how subjective perception of time works, part technical part psychological (did i spell that right?) if one is to consider the highest high and the lowest low in the entire life of an instrument, thatā€™s a pretty large time frame, in that time frame the instrument is always in ā€˜rangeā€™. If one is consider the tiniest timeframe, like a superminitick frame if that was to exist, then price would always be breaking out and trending. itā€™s kinda philosophical and the examples extreme, though it shows that price is at any one time both trending and ranging, and the option is more on the timeframe where we choose to do one thing or another.

seems to me notion of fractal is part of the same family.
donā€™t know if this could help, but the comment on the 2 strategies triggered this one :slight_smile:
good trading!