Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

Anyone else short Aussie cable and fiber with me?

Yep yep! Cable only though (I only trade Cable or Fiber, and rarely both at the same time).

Took all profits off at 30 pips this time, (I wasnt at my machine to manage the end of the trade). I normally have a standard 30 pip target per trade (particularly on days I dont usually trade, like Mondays and Fridays) and then adapt it depending on how aggressively price moves. Afterall my weekly target is only 30 pips :slight_smile:

Cable barely moved most of the afternoon then a nice drop down…

A normal person would of broken their neck thankfully I’m in my bed looking at this at the right angle :wink:

Strange what prompted you for a short?

I was sort of initially short but I changed to a long looking at the DX making a 78% retracement

Gradual price movement up on the Cable, no real news events today to spark volatility, it completed the retracement from Fridays high and then fell off. Took a while for it to happen…

As for the Fiber, Some very nice clean price action from around 1.3077 (1H and 15M charts) from last week. I kinda figured 1.3080 would get tagged for all the stops to be taken out, but I was already in the Cable trade by that point, so I didnt place another order.

To be honest I was in 2 minds this morning, I very nearly took a Fiber long OTE @ 1.3030 during the LO killzone. I may regret that one :slight_smile:

Im not sure why I didnt… maybe because of the divergence: (in which case I probably should have shorted the Fiber as its making the Higher Highs)

I guess we’ll find out soon enough when they coil up and then explode :slight_smile: (Cable and Fiber still making higher lows in both cases…)

Not sure what way things are going to go, so it will be intraday scalps until we get some idea of the next big move…

Anticipating a stop raid may have gotten you short on Fiber, good for at least 30 pips:

Yes, I’m trying to pull a strategy so I can just trade the numbers using 20, 80 and 50, and by using market structure and keeping an eye on the HTF, I mean look at how that 80 level came into play.

I’m at the observation stage, I’m still doing actual trading with my StochRSI, pivots and Fib, but I’m always after the easiest strategy, some people want optimum profits, some people want optimum time, I want optimum easiness :smiley:

Anyone else interested? Maybe start a thread?

If you look at my previous posts you will see my charts…

For projections I am looking for…

Cable to at least get to 5740

Fiber to at least get to 2440

I will be looking for nothing but short opportunities until I am proven wrong. If I am proven wrong then I will reanalysis the markets to figure out what is going on…

For the time being I am sticking to Shorts…

hehe wish i made as much as them

So you ever gonna disclose what you were taught that one afternoon lol

I’m kinda dying to know

Same stuff ICT has already gone over…I guess it was more of a confidence booster then anything…

Showed how to wait for market structure to break, create swing point and then wait for a OTE to get long…

Plus I have been studying my butt off and last week just setup perfectly for the way I have been trading…I am also using my projections a lot more to determine when a move has ended and possibly a new move starting…

Nothing top secret, but I am like everyone else wait to watch the video again…

Oh I was more interested in point of view and short cuts all his material is there however everyone has a different interpretation. Plus if its one thing I’ve learned is that your former master will always have something to teach you

sounds interesting PPfx. Your StocRSI indicator I find of value. Do you ever use it was a trigger to take profits? Below is a trade I took last night (Human time is GMT+8, Server Time is GMT+3)

My entry signal is the first entry into the white box enclosed by the green. ie OTE 70.5 and StocRSI . Got the first and missed the second by less than a pip. Profit target 30 pips, although thinking about using STocRSI with tight trailing stop in future to extend this.

No never, you really can’t use it for anything on the barely related to countertrending.

Interesting to see your feed has gunned the stops… was looking for that to happen, but my feed never took out the stops… Interesting but frustrating at times how different brokers have different prices, especially if it influenced the technicals;)

Okay guys, I haven’t traded at all for the past couple weeks. Back into it tonight. I’ll be documenting my trades like I said I would; win or lose.

Currently I’m looking for a long on the Euro around 1.3030, if I get a good entry signal. If not, I’ll probably wait for a retest of yesterday’s or Sunday’s low around the 1.3020, 1.3000 level. Looking to nab 20, maybe 30 pips out of the deal before bedtime.

Also - note the 79.65 level on the USDX. Price has retested it 3 times, and hasn’t broken it. If we get a bounce off that level again tonight I’ll be even more confident in my long (also, hopefully it’ll give me a USDX divergence with the euro for confirmation on my entry. I guess we’ll see!)

As foe the pound, I don’t really see much in the way of exciting entries - maybe a retest of the 1.6000 level could give me a bounce for 20-30 pips. If we break that level, I’ll probably take a long at 1.5985 or so - a turtle soup entry using Sunday’s low as the support level

I’ll be back with an update within a couple hours. We’ll see how this goes! (Watch, now I’m going to have a massive string of losses)

Just watched TDPS5 - excellent. Tied everything together in a really clear way. ICT - thank-you. Look forward to TDPS6. Great stuff.

With the bearish momentum in GU atm and also divergence in Yield’s. I’m looking for a short position.
But before i trigger a shor trade, wanted to know something about the stop raid’s to build up the liquidity.

As you can see in the chart’s, price was shooting down past few day’s, so do we expect a upmove to take out the stop’s and then shoot down ?

Update - not enough confirmation for me to take a long trade on the Euro or Pound, and I’m getting sleepy because I stayed up too late. I’m calling it a night a little bit early, and we’ll see what New York brings!

Can someone explain to me the current eruo futures chart. I’m not sure what I’m looking at here. When I look at the dollar index in light of OI, COT, and Price it looks like we are in a bullish scenario. Also when I look at the pound futures chart it looks like we are in the process of a continued sell off. But when I look at the euro chart it looks more like were in a bull flag scenario. We had a large drop off in OI in a bullish price movement and price coming down to support. But we see the same thing in the dollar index? This is just taking the futures chart into consideration, but I’m confused by this. Can anyone explain.