Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

Oh I was more interested in point of view and short cuts all his material is there however everyone has a different interpretation. Plus if its one thing I’ve learned is that your former master will always have something to teach you

sounds interesting PPfx. Your StocRSI indicator I find of value. Do you ever use it was a trigger to take profits? Below is a trade I took last night (Human time is GMT+8, Server Time is GMT+3)

My entry signal is the first entry into the white box enclosed by the green. ie OTE 70.5 and StocRSI . Got the first and missed the second by less than a pip. Profit target 30 pips, although thinking about using STocRSI with tight trailing stop in future to extend this.

No never, you really can’t use it for anything on the barely related to countertrending.

Interesting to see your feed has gunned the stops… was looking for that to happen, but my feed never took out the stops… Interesting but frustrating at times how different brokers have different prices, especially if it influenced the technicals;)

Okay guys, I haven’t traded at all for the past couple weeks. Back into it tonight. I’ll be documenting my trades like I said I would; win or lose.

Currently I’m looking for a long on the Euro around 1.3030, if I get a good entry signal. If not, I’ll probably wait for a retest of yesterday’s or Sunday’s low around the 1.3020, 1.3000 level. Looking to nab 20, maybe 30 pips out of the deal before bedtime.

Also - note the 79.65 level on the USDX. Price has retested it 3 times, and hasn’t broken it. If we get a bounce off that level again tonight I’ll be even more confident in my long (also, hopefully it’ll give me a USDX divergence with the euro for confirmation on my entry. I guess we’ll see!)

As foe the pound, I don’t really see much in the way of exciting entries - maybe a retest of the 1.6000 level could give me a bounce for 20-30 pips. If we break that level, I’ll probably take a long at 1.5985 or so - a turtle soup entry using Sunday’s low as the support level

I’ll be back with an update within a couple hours. We’ll see how this goes! (Watch, now I’m going to have a massive string of losses)

Just watched TDPS5 - excellent. Tied everything together in a really clear way. ICT - thank-you. Look forward to TDPS6. Great stuff.

With the bearish momentum in GU atm and also divergence in Yield’s. I’m looking for a short position.
But before i trigger a shor trade, wanted to know something about the stop raid’s to build up the liquidity.

As you can see in the chart’s, price was shooting down past few day’s, so do we expect a upmove to take out the stop’s and then shoot down ?

Update - not enough confirmation for me to take a long trade on the Euro or Pound, and I’m getting sleepy because I stayed up too late. I’m calling it a night a little bit early, and we’ll see what New York brings!

Can someone explain to me the current eruo futures chart. I’m not sure what I’m looking at here. When I look at the dollar index in light of OI, COT, and Price it looks like we are in a bullish scenario. Also when I look at the pound futures chart it looks like we are in the process of a continued sell off. But when I look at the euro chart it looks more like were in a bull flag scenario. We had a large drop off in OI in a bullish price movement and price coming down to support. But we see the same thing in the dollar index? This is just taking the futures chart into consideration, but I’m confused by this. Can anyone explain.

M15 fibre attached. OTEs highlighted in blue. Red highlight is the OTE for short. The blue outline square is today London session .

But I did not have any reason to take this short . Does anyone see any entry here? Is there any way you can make out the market structure?

EU hasn’t broken low of yest but USD index did break the high. Same with cable.

But offlate the SMT divergence , Ihave noticed often , ends up being , a non SMt div and u have to take a SL hit.

So does any one have any ideas about something I may have missed here. And no , I am keeping a track of the yields.

Check my posts, I am riding this down on Aussie, fiber and cable…

Welcome to PIPHanger bear country USA… I mean GBP/EUR/AUS

How much fun trading is when it all starts coming together…

I must not attempt to catch falling knives, I must not attempt to catch falling knives

Ahh yes, but you can actually make money trading them!!

When you get a classic falling knife, you can find the the lower trendline keeps getting hit, now if the lower highs are say 30 pips or more higher, i.e. the range, you can scalp off the bottom pinbars, take 20 - 25 pips, maybe twice, then you can consider a third, but then you’re looking at a much lower probability trade.

But really I would advice against it, and I don’t trade them anymore, because I’m usually at the other end of the market. It was just a case of trading from observation, you see a pattern time and time again, do the same over and over again.

Ok, trading the big numbers, shame I weren’t trading today.

I’ve tried to put it all in the image, dots are MS, blue lines illustrate the general trend, I’ve coloured in the daily chart (using GIMP, I’m too poor to afford Photoshop :D) , and I’ve done it on Oanda chart, that’s just an indicator free thing.

So the entry, pinbar rejection back up just after the initial, still a tight stop to the previous short term high, last red dot MS, didn’t make to the 80 level and MS has turned bearish, bounces off the 20, doesn’t make it to 50, market structure has become nice and bearish, Big candles, small wicks stay in the trade, and back to the 2900 level which has been a real favourite over the last few weeks.

Oh, and this stop hunting thing, it’s poor term, but I still like it, and this is by no means a detailed description and it’s never just one trade, but look at it from this point of view, if we’re going from a big number to a big number, like in this instance from 3100 to 2900, so you’ve got BAE systems with an order of 5000 planes they want to buy, so they’re trading @ 3000 say, that transaction needs to be filled, it will never get filled like we do at the 3000 level, it might get filled from 2900 to 3100, that’s the range that it will get filled at, so on it’s way down to the 3000 level, orders will be matched at the 3100 range, which is 3120 to 3080, price on it’s way down, past the 80 level, tries to get back up to the 80, but what happens then, no more orders can be paired so down it goes, and 'mind the gap on the way down :wink: .

Can someone show me on there charts where market structure turned bearish on a daily or weekly chart. For me market structure changed today on the cable to bearish when it broke 1.5970 major swing point. And on the fiber market structure is still bullish until it break the lows of 1.2820.

Did i miss something is my feed wrong cause it seems on this forum everyone was bearish days ago even last week. I know market flow has been bearish for a while now on both pairs but am i missing something can someone please explain? As i have been hunting longs this week and getting nothing

I’ll do the EURO for you.

No clear market structure, the last red dot, could be a green, so we could be looking at a bullish structure or a bearish one, but if you look at the red blob (technical term), you see 2 things, pinbar rejection, a bearish sign, and also fractally? a high with a lower high on either side a further sign of bearsishness.

Also it’s worth taking this trendline into consideration, it could be significant.

So all in all quite a mixed picture, it will become much clearer when the next swing low will be established.

thought you might want to know if you don’t already ICT and Chris Lori presentation on the Chris Lori site

Adding to the various perspectives…