Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

Dang!.. I stand correct then… I current have the one that ICT Kill Zones on my trading desk that say Effective Date: Sunday Nov 4 2012 through Friday March 8, 2013… and it have thes GMT NYOKZ being 12->14 which is 7am-9am est my time… so I guess this would be the grey area…

mostwanted, one comment on the stop location at 6061.

If you were short at 6035, then trade doesn’t work right… and you decide to buy time :slight_smile: perhaps looked for possible stop location and prior swing high comes at 6056, easy to notice, from 56 let’s make it an even 60 even 61. This way have 5 pips over prior high just in case these banks want to do a stop run over 56, and that seemed unlikely when you took the short - if i understand the trade ok.

but then many people would have seen that same swing point, and there would be many buy stops from before, and new stop loss from people sharing the same short view as you. I think it’s safe to assume when a trade does not work out, that plenty of people are in same predicament, and they would be looking to fix the trade somehow. that will make stops pile up someplace obvious, and you do not, :58: absolutely NOT want your stop there. If anything, you would want to make their stop loss, your limit entry.

cheers! and good trading

BAM!!! In your face Trolls!!! Thanks ICT…

PS: You might what to TM that statement!

Right because the question is iffy, ICT released past spring a tutorial about it called “Inner Circle Trader: Trading The Key Swing Points”, this is the link:

Inner Circle Trader: Trading The Key Swing Points - YouTube

ICT himself mentioned it in the last PTC video (min 9:30) in replay to a question about killzones he received on Twitter : in the tutorial NYO is 11-14 GMT.

His policy is to keep the same settings despite the time switches over the year.

And we are now back at the Weekly Open 2975

Now that you mention it I think I do remember him saying that… I’ll change all the start time up by an hr… Thanks PM for the help and link…

and there it is again

Thanks Ib for the advice. I must admit i was going to place a flat 30 pip stop, but greed and prior loses got the better of me ,so i made a wrong decision to lower it and that round 60 number looked appealing and just to be safe i added 1 pip on to:(. Looking at it hindsight seems obvious the stops could have been raided.
Despite the set back yesterday i pulled the trigger again today even tough i was very upset with cable punishing me, entered once again today at 1.6050 it did go 10 pips above my entry before reversing and sliding lower so i am 50 pips in profit. One thing i did is lower my risk on this trade to bare min 0.10 so its equivalent 10p per pip minimum i could go for.
Only problem i can’t close any part of the trade and let the remaining portion run so will hold out until profit taking hr 15 gmt and see where i stand.
Ps my first 50 pip trade:D let hope there are many more to come.

Me personally, I am only looking at D1 & H4 charts for MS insight, I only use the smaller TF’s to see where the stops are resting so I can choose my limit entry.

I’ve been waiting for this 1.3020 level since the 18/11/2012 and hipefully patience has paid off. I did feel that I had missed the boat earlier this week but resisted chasing the price. I don’t like the smaller TF’s they confuse me and I end up reading too much into the MS/MF.

Congrats! Keep at it, be patient and dont dwell too much on previous losses. Learn and move on.

Nice end to the week for me too. Limit short @ 1.3018 triggered (that trade was placed on Sunday night in the hope we’d hit it Monday/Tuesday LOL. And reentry short at 1.3010 (OTE zone on PPFX chart).

Same level @ .3018 placed last night though after cancelling my earlier limit order.

are you guys going to hold on to this trade or going to close it by today?

Closed the majority of the positions at 1.2975, stops to BE, depending on where we end up, Ill probably trail both stops to 1.30 if we slide lower and let the remainder run.

But I dont really like holding over the weekends. Could be on the downward slope, but Im not so sure.

What I do know is, there will be a number of opportunities next week to get back in :slight_smile:

Protect your capital! Once you’ve done that, let the ride :slight_smile:

Nice one gents and well done on your limit orders and thanks for your advice. I decided to close the trade manually for today for net total of little over 40 pips as i just don’t know what is going to happen going forward only guessing. Closed it at 1.6008.
First we went trough adr for today
2) Usdx bounced of that 80.30 level
3)Price has trading to sweetspot cable @ 1.5990 Bounced of it and i dont know , but on HTF this could be a retrace for upside.
4) Traded in to big fig. Oh well happy over all just to have a nice trade.

Have a good week end all.

me too have close the majority of the position at 1.2975. may be I will put TP to ADR low.

Hi,

Can anyone help. I am trying to make sense of the 5yr bonds with a view on what to expect. The German bonds are trading lower is this telling me anything.

i hate working on fridays. seems like i’m missing the big moves and easy entries every week… well, gotta get more pips in the other 4 days then :wink:

just move the SL to 1.3000 so it tagged and closed rest of the position. lucky :slight_smile:
65 pips for today :slight_smile: thanks ICT

Unfortunately, the day i sat down to piece together ICT’s livestream vids into a torrent my laptop went on a hibernating spree…

I gave it to a techie hence was not able to trade let alone upload the vids…

I’ll be doing a complete formatting of my laptop and hence will probably take another 4-5 days…

But dont worry i will share it that’s a promise…if you promise me P A T I E N C E…

Good job, loook at that baby fly! :smiley: