What do you think of this forex school JF lennon?

Hi all i am from singapore and there’s this forex school called JF lennon and the head teacher is called jimmy wong. He has had 3600% profits over 6 months consistently.

He mostly trades the USD/jpy and eurusd and the price to pay for his course is a few thousand dollars which should be pretty cheap i would assume.

Just want to know what your thoughts are on this school.

Can someone comment on this?

“You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.”

I think this is a commercial

Do you think joining a school is a good decision?

There’s just so many avenues out there it’s so confusing.

It’s also sad that i cannot get at in depth review of this school here.

A lot of the people who come on here are usually looking for free education. I believe it will be difficult to get what you are looking for here as it might be the wrong crowd. But then again you might just get lucky and a former student of the program might be on here to give you the review.

But if you have not joined the program, how do you know he made 3600% ?

That’s a question that only you can answer. Some will say there is no need to pay for education, as all the resources you need are available free on the web. Yet how do they know that unless they’ve taken every course that exists? Some people also learn better in a formal teaching environment, rather than being totally self-directed.

You need to research this course thoroughly. Look around at what people are saying on forums and so on. But don’t just accept what you read as truth. People have ulterior motives. Question everything. If possible, track down ex-students and talk to them.

I’m sure there are some good courses out there, and some not-so-good. You need to do your own due diligence. Everything does seem confusing at first, but I’d suggest that before you do anything, you work your way through the Babypips school to get a good grounding. If you’ve already done that, start looking through some of the popular threads here and explore some trading systems that are outlined. You may find one that resonates with you and suits the tstyle of trading that you feel comfortable with.

I’d agree with UKDave, course are like anything in life from cars to holidays homes to mobiles 'phones to anything you like - there are good ones and bad ones. I think that Forex courses can be great for some people - I took one myself - but certainly some of them are awful or, worse, corrupt. Do your reseach thoroughly, however you want to pursue Forex. Much of the free information available is great, but some of that is also complete garbage. Whichever route you choose to pursue, don’t take anything at face value until you know and trust the source.

I have not head of J F Lennon, but personally I would hesistate to sign up with anyone claiming 3600% returns in six months, particularly on a limited number of currency pairs. If they could teach you to get anywhere near that figure they would be heralded as greats of the game, after all. And they would be creating millionaires left, right and centre. Do the maths on turning up with just a couple of grand to play with - 3600% in six months can’t be sustainable or we’d all be doing it!

ST

I think that the powers that be should introduce a ‘double like’ button, as I would use it for this post. One like just does not do it justice. Chapeau!

He advertises that he made that much and shows it from his live account. You know they have seminars and all of that to show case their results and all of that.

Apparently he got the results approved by a famous law firm in my country called lee and lee.

It is not unheard of for training providers to go through the charts retrospectively, pick out all the perfect setups/entries/exits etc with the benefit of hindsight, then hold that up as proof that the system works. Of course whethe they would have traded with that combination of courage, consistency and losing trade avoidance had they been trading live is open to some debate.

As I say, I don’t know this school and am not a critic of education per se, but in this industry it is easy to manufacture a sales pitch that exceeds real-world success, unfortunately.

To tell you the truth i have not really read about anything bad about this school. On popular forums in my country there aren’t any talks about this school. There’s also naysayers that go if he’s so good why is he opening a school and accepting school fees why not just trade and i asked them that question and one of them goes he wants the publicity and to help ppl out there to prevent them from being scammed and he’s going to star in some movie etc etc.

You could google his name jimmy wong and the school name. What you mentioned about his name being heralded as the greats makes sense. He should be world famous but then again since when is a forex trader famous? I don’t know a single famous forex trader from the US for eg.

Yes there is a lot of free information available and this forum provides a lot of it but i really have info overload. There are countless strategies available in this forum alone free and paid and then you add up TA, FA and PA and then how you are supposed to use some indicators but not all but somehow only select the ones that work for you but then you don’t know which ones work for you so you need to try all of them and it seems like 20 different ppl might have 20 different opinions and there are so many currency pairs and they all work differently and some are opposites of one another and then you are supposed to know the traders mentality the world over cos the market is a live beast. Very daunting to a newbie like me.

Of late i have been doing small trades by observing the moving lines and then placing an entry tp and sl either right above or right below hoping to catch a few pips here and there while the last major trade was the one where the eurusd rose up to 1.28 but i missed the QE3 one that was the one whereby i used analysis.

My latest trades trying to catch the trends off the moving lines have mostly been profitable so far but they don’t take any analytical skills and it’s mostly luck i suppose.

Well I have heard of a few marquee traders but I don’t think that they’re making that sort of return tbh!

However, I completely understand your point about information overload. I took a formal training course partly for that reason: I wanted to get the information in context, presented as a package, with the opportunity to ask questions in context and understand how the various elements of trading work together. The trouble is that a lot of different approaches and elements work well, but they do not necessarily work together. There are far more indicators, styles etc available than one would want to use all in one strategy. So I understand your interest in taking a course, it fits with my own view.

However I’m sorry but I can’t give you any specific view on this course as I do not know it, other than to say that 3600% seems optimistic to me.

In my opinion, trend-based trading such as you describe is a good place for a beginner to start, as it is pretty reliable and easier to understand conceptually than some of the more exotic alternatives. However as a beginner I would not advise anyone to try trading QE etc., so imho you were better off out of it. Take some steady pips from a simple approach, then get more ambitious when you have that down pat would be my advice.

ST

I’m from singapore too.

Do not be mislead by a live trading results. Because it could be possible to open up 20 live accounts, bust 19 and only showcase 1?
I’m not saying that’s what he is doing but it is a known ‘cheap trick’ among forex schools. Again, do you due dilligence, i believe asking in local forums would be more beneficial for you. Good luck!

I have searched a few local forums but not much information unlike the other 2 schools which received warnings one headed by kishore and the other by mario singh.

For starters, a few thousand dollars is not cheap given what you can do with it, with the right skills and leverage. And not sure if paying someone for a course when wong restricts himself to just 2 currencies is going to make sense.

hi friend…i think…this is best answer

1* There is nothing to teach more than what we have in our school of babypips.(BELIEVE ME FRIEND…THERE IS NO NEED TO GO FOR ANY COURSES…)

2*first finish the school…again and again…un till u get every basic concepts and major concepts…

3*concentrate on price action setups…(CANDLESTICK PATTERNS,SUPPORT AND RESISTANCE, FIB LEVELS, 100 AND 200 SMA’S, TREND LINES, CHART PATTERNS…THATS IT)

these 3 r high enough for any one to get succeed in forex…

these may sound very week…but those 3 steps can lead to success…ALL THE BEST…

One additional note, for beginner lessons, do not pay anything as all the info is available online for free. As regards advanced classes, would suggest that you check out baby pips and other online resources for the same.
In addition, you may want to check out some of the detailed sessions on “how to read the signals right” or something along those lines.

Thanks everyone for the advices…just gone to the JFL facebook and saw these few messages from Tan Tan no wonder there is no posting of SL in that page cause the postings can be deleted by the JFL admin and seems like the JFL students are very afraid of the CEO.

Watching Jimmy Wong on Youtube is like watching a magician. He is not nearly as entertaining as Penn & Teller doing their Vegas act but, either way, in the end you know it just isn’t real.

Come on, don’t be so naive! I bet my last dollar that it is a BIG FAT LIE! If you don’t believe, just call that lawyer firm to verify! :cool: