Academy of Financial Trading

Hi Guys

I am pretty new to this and at the moment have my head in the books. Just interested to know if anyone has heard or have had any dealings with the above company. The reason I am asking this is because they are offering foundation course to trading for a knockdown price of 19.95 GBP, which normally costs 395 GBP. I think the reason for this is to give you a taster and then get you interested in the ultimate course, which costs a lot more money.

I am thinking of taking up this offer but was wondering if anyone has had any dealing or been on this course and if so then what are your views on it, is it worth it etc, after all it is not that expensive. So it’s not about the money but whether or not this company is any good.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks and all the best

If you want to learn the foundation of forex trading go to the school here. I can guarantee it offers the same material as this course but its free here.

Musharaf,

Having worked in this industry on both a dealing role for a spread betting company, and non-trading role for Thompson Reuters, I have seen all of these marketing ploys many times over.

Ask yourself why they are “claiming” to give a £395 course away for only £19. All of the information contained within the course will be bin raked from various freely available blogs, forums and books by nothing more than a marketer or a small group of marketers in their bedrooms while the wife makes the dinner.

Ask them for their registered business ID, and also tax/VAT ID, as well as their business premisses address and registered company director/s. All of the above is a legal requirement and should also be legally available to the public, it is your right as a consumer to have this information available should you wish it. If they fail to provide any of this or all of this, then my point is proven about it being some marketer sitting in his bedroom milking people for money that they know nothing about.

Hi guys

Thank you so much for your input, it’s really appreciated. This is what I like about this place, everyone is willing to help.
The company is based in Dublin and has a company reg number. Below us what they are offering but think I will stick with the suggestion by both you guys and continue my education with babypip school. Thanks again for your advice guys.

Do a google search for “groupon” and the company name.
Example: Academy of Financial Trading Education (UK) Limited Deal of the Day | Groupon

Not again please!!!

Excuse me?

Not excused. Sorry but haven’t you noticed that education here is free??

Yes I know it’s free and am enjoying reading what’s in here. I just thought maybe it’ll be something extra. I don’t think I appreciate your comment. U have to appreciate, being new to fx, I may have some questions and maybe at times it might not sound like valid questions but everyone starts from somewhere.
However, thanks for your hard thought comment.

Hi Musharaf,

All of the above that you have mentioned is basic information which can be found for free by googling some of the phrases, or of course, going to the BP school.

There is nothing in that list worth paying ÂŁ395 for, or even ÂŁ19.

Combining some technical analysis with a some fundamentals is the path that you should go down.

And here is your man who is running the ploy from his bedroom. This information is publicly assessable by going to Whois Lookup & Domain Availability Search | DomainTools and typing in the website domain name, you will see his name and full address so that you can Google map it on street view…

Adrian Murphy
[Address removed]

Forgot to mention, if I would charge you for teahing you what is free here i would do it at least for 5000 USD but you would probably sue me after because nobody meakes it that easy. Coaching is a different thing, there is people who make the living for fx coaching like Ari Kiev for example, he is not a trader, he is an sports shink and now for traders too. He charges a fortune, it is cheaper to buy his books. Me personally i wouldn’t coach anyone because it demands a lot of energy, my price would be at least 500 USD an hour.

Hi, no I’m not easily offended, just the comment caught me by surprise being new to this wasnt really expecting the comment so i guesd got taken aback. I appreciate what you are saying and completely understand what u r saying. There seems to be a lot of people on here with knowledge and experience, hence asking questions. So I appreciate your input and any wisdom u can throw in the direction of a newbie like myself.
Thanks

Thank u for all the input. Appreciated. Any other suggestions u can throw at a newbie in my journey of learning I would appreciate.

One thing you must learn here is NEVER TAKE ANYTHING PERSONAL, loses hurts but don’t take it personal.

Mr gone I do agree with most of all you said but dude come on you were a little harsh on this newb. We were all at this stage once cut the guy some slack.

Musharaf take the post I quoted to heart dont take stuff personal. You will find some on here slam you for asking a question that would have been a simple google search. If you want my advise dont worry about it a post it any way. With google searches you will find other forums and I will not say there answer is wrong but find people that you trust we are all here to help. (Mr Gone is one of them) I am not telling you not to do your homework as I am no saint I have been known to come across a little harsh from time to time and I am working on it but for your question you found the right place to ask. Yes everything on that course you inquired about is on babypips. Most in the school the rest and more are on these forums. Go through the school its a great place to start from there ask ask ask. I dont care how many times I give the same answer. I asked the same questions before to. Dont let it stop you. Good luck on your jouney and welcome to babypips.

Mr Gone congrats on making fxmen honorary status.

Thanks man.

Although all this information is free, you dont get a fancy certificate for your CV if you simply read and understand this information more likely better than anyone who has gone on this course which is sad. I was wondering does this mean anything on your CV, if were an employer would you think thats good or just what a waste of time?? thanks for this thread!!

I would like to highly recommend this course to any newbie’s - especially if it’s offered at a discount through Groupon. Groupon is a VERY reputable company and does not pick up company’s that aren’t respectable and reliable. I have completed session 8 out of the 10 sessions offered in this Foundation Trading Course and feel that I have realized a good basis for learning additional strategies, and am very excited for next weeks capital and risk management session. The Foundation Trading Course is structured and works at a great pace so that you have time to revisit the sessions which are recorded to gain a more thorough understand of the concepts. There is a more advanced session (Ultimate Traders Program) offered - which is greatly discounted if/when you take the first session. They do not offer tiered training - so the UTP program is the final one.

We were just offered this UTP program and discount in session 8, so I thought I would look around and see if I could find any information on the Academy of Financial Trading and this post was the only slightly negative one I could find, so having gone through it - I thought I would respond. There are a few positive links I found at sbwire.com and globalbankingandfinance.com

I am going to continue on with the UTP program. I think their support program will be great. I have the time and intend on getting as much information out of this as I can. I am not looking to add this to my resume - because they do provide certifications - but it certainly won’t hurt. Again, this is all new to me - just putting in my 2 cents. If I discover something different will definitely post again.

Huh? That’s a whopper of a discount…
But on paid courses, I would advise checking out the free content on babypips and other similar websites…do the research before you pay up for any course, even those billed @19.95 GBP
Edit to add/: Just reviewed some of the comments, am I the only one thinking this sounds more like an ad board…never mind, good luck

I’m also taking this course which has been really useful. The interactive lessons are really good. I also got this course via Groupon for a discounted rate. Great support and recorded lessons for members to watch again to help.
There’s lots of resources on the net to read but sometimes interactive lessons just help to make things a little clearer.
Also completing the Babypips schooling which is second to known.

You’ve got the school of pipsology right here and it’s for free! :smiley: Just an honest opinion, you probably don’t need to spend that much money since almost every learning material about forex is just out there, for free on the internet.