The secret to trading

[B][/B]You must believe.

That’s it.

Yes… believe that the long you took on EUR/USD at 1.45 bounces back there… before Margin call.

I hear never being wrong also works too

I thought it was sniffing glue before taking a trade. Geez.

too soft… :smiley: need something stronger to trade long term.

now you tell me. I’ve wasted a year and a half of my life learning price action for nothing

You’ve got the right spirit bro, keep it going :slight_smile:

I think that this guy is actually right to some degree. One has to actually believe that success can be achieved at trading before one can ever hope to be successful actually doing it.

Really, I believe that there are tons of people out there that are are full of ideas that they “say” they believe will be successful. Their behavior patterns, though, reveal that they never really believed it. Their lack of confidence shows the truth.

If you really believed that there was a stash of gold coin buried in a specific area on some land that you recently purchased, you would get a shovel. Or maybe even rent a backhoe. If you never do anything, then all the excitement you exude when talking about how you’re going to get rich from this gold at Thanksgiving dinner with the family is nothing more than something interesting to talk about which will get you some attention.

You have to really believe you can do this before you CAN do it.

There’s no secret, man, but it’s one of those things where you’re constantly learning. Trying to achieve the unachievable perfection.

“Whatever the mind can conceive and believe it can achieve” -Napoleon Hill

It applies directly to trading, however it does not apply to having a position open without looking at price action, I doubt that is the point he is trying to make. Even though to some it may sound like that.

Every Forex trader, especially successful ones are risk takers to some degree. Risk takers don’t take risks unless they believe what they are doing is right and correctly calculated, this can be applied to the Forex journey, placing a trade, and sacrificing something in order to gain something better.