Macd

I really like the MACD indicator but so far I haven’t come accross a charting service that displays it how it’s pictured in this site and in a few books i’ve read. It doesn’t show the 2 lines, only 1…

does anyone know if good site for this?

Do you talk about Metatrader?
Because the built-in MACD of Metatrader contains Histogram and Signal line only.

If you use a charting software such as VT Trader (vtsystems.com) you will find MACD Histogram with Lines Crossover.

If you still want to use Metatrader, you will have to search for a Custom MACD Indicaor.
Search: MQL4 Code Base: expert advisors, custom indicators, scripts and libraries to find a suitable one, I believe there is.

If you use other charting platform, please let me know.

thx. I tried the vssytems and the MACD is exactly what i am looking for but I am not sure if like the other parts…

but I will check in your suggestion link, thx.

I haven’t tried the metatrader yet.

I use Oanda for my broker and they have the MACD Histogram.

Dear Pippy123, In the School of pipsology they show 2 lines and the histogram. It’s handy to spot crossover situations to determine entry and exit points. The MT-4 platform only shown one line which make it more difficult to to determine the crossover positions. To me it is a sever handicap as I still struggle to en ter and exit at the right point.
Thanks

Gerrie Venter

Dear Topchess, Thanks for your advice. I will go into it to try and resolve this problem. Amazing to think that we have the whole African continent between us and communicate in seconds.
Kind regards
Gerrie Venter