Hello from a newbie

Hello,
My name is Mandy and i am from Australia. I am a complete newbie to forex trading. I have done some trading with binary options for the last few months with some success but am really keen to learn forex and am even more interested since getting emails from a Russ Horn about "Rapid Results Method"
I am keen to invest in this but it is a $1000 and am concerned it might be a scam.
Has anyone bought from this person before and is it legit?
Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Mandy :slight_smile:

Welcome to the boards and yes that sounds like a scam. You can find everything you need to know right here

LOL. I stumbled across a complete Russ Horn trading system on Youtube once that someone had uploaded as well as links to the trading manual. They have long since been taken down. I had no idea at the time that it was a packaged system you had to pay for. He had around 50 comprehensive videos on his trading system (The Rebel or Rebellion system or something to that effect) and a detailed manual. I will give the guy credit for one thing – he thoroughly explained every single detail of his system, inside and out.

The system, however, sucked. It was a giant money loser of incredible proportions. One reason I will NEVER pay for a mentor, method, course or system is exemplified in Russ Horn’s stuff. It… Just… Doesn’t… Work.

I think the guy may have started off with good intentions and tried to make a little money on the side but I noticed he also keeps upgrading and morphing his systems until they are “new systems” (even though they all appear to be the same system using the same off-the-shelf indicators with only slight variations). If they actually worked to begin with, why would he need to keep repackaging them as new systems?

They basically consist of using an oscillator with short term settings and several short term moving averages. Nothing special at all. I would post the entire system here for all to laugh at but hey, the guy is entitled to make a buck selling his system(s) and it would probably be a violation of forum rules if not a law or two.

Anyway, stay far, far away. The indicator-based method(s) Horn uses are useless. There are better methods available on this site and they certainly will not cost you hundreds or thousands of dollars.

Hi guys,
Just wanted to update you that there’s definitely something fishy about this rapid results method, i dont know about the system itself but the people behind it selling it.
Last night i went onto the website and it said it had 3 copies left and this morning it said 111 copies left.
And they are only meant to be releasing 750 copies???

Steer away from binary options (i am anti binary options) until you understand the basics - start with the school here. Do you have any investment knowledge?

one thing for sure, you dont have to pay anything to learn about forex, let it be the basics or advanced, there are people more than willing to share some insights and opinions about anything that would serve as guides, pipsology is the best course to learn forex IMO and its absolutely for free, with time you will have to tackle more detailed strategies and systems and the bottom line is you will work your own way to a system thats suits you best. so best of luck :slight_smile:

Selling 750 copies of a very simple moving average crossover system that doesn’t work at $1,000 each… Russ Horn probably doesn’t know squat about [I]markets[/I] but he definitely knows how to [I]market[/I]. I am in the wrong line of work!

I haven’t seen this “new” system. So let me tell you about my experience with his $1000 system from 2 1/2 years ago.

The marketing is by OldTree Publishing. Mark McRae. Brilliant marketing. I am guessing that Old Tree gets at least 50%, probably more. They own scores of domain names that exist only to promo a product like this. So when you browse, all you see are these positive reviews. Your email box is hit multiple times. The “Buy Now” marketing. “Limited Supply” marketing. “Time is running out” marketing. And the marketing method works.

I paid for Russ Horn/Old Tree’s previous system Forex Master Method. Wish I had asked for my money back. He gives 2 months for refunds. But his personality in his vids is quite sociable, and he was doing weekly webinars, and has an active forum, and so even though the basic system was very simple, and I could easily copy and return his CDs, (not that the CDs were necessary once you learned the simple system) – I said “Ah to heck with it” his weekly webinars and forum are worth it. They really were not.

I suspect with this system, that’s its the same: a forum for this product (and the next one in a couple of years), weekly webinars, some free indicators that are useless but part of the Old Tree “hook” (McCray if freakin’ brilliant at marketing – it was his marketing with the free indicators and the phony web site flooding, the steady email reminders of what a great system it was and how I had to hurry, that got me hooked.

And it really is a limited supply, because that keeps the forum manageable. Also the members in the forum are really reluctant to criticize and admit they were suckered. So there’s a lot of kissing up and praising. It’s a real cult atmosphere. After while people start saying what they think. Most just leave and never come back. Last time I checked Forex Master Method forum had just a handful of people there and they were raising hell about this NEW system and that they ought to get it free instead of 25% discount.

Russ Horn: I sort of imagined that you were a successful trader. But yet you chose to take large sums of money from newbies rather than take money from the institutions like a successful trader does. I’m really disappointed in you, as are all the Forex Master Method members who signed on with you 2 1/2 years ago.

I had never ever (and never will again) spend $1000 on a system. There’s piles of free systems, and ultimately, as I have discovered, once you can read price action, then you can use pretty much any system as long as you can easily see the bars so that your price action decisions over-rule the indicators, which you come to realize cloud your thinking and are only reflective of the price behavior.

Bottom line? The forum and weekly webinars might be worth it to you. This system is probably better than Forex Master Method, which was basically divergence, but also had a 21 and 55 EMA system incorporated.

I think money is better spent learning Price Action.
The Al Brooks vids are cheap and recommended. There are also some on youtube.
Also on youtube for free are PATs. Search this: “youtube learn to trade with price action”

Hey Mandy. You can learn everything you need to know to trade Forex for no cost through various internet resources- babypips being a great one. Concern yourself with mastering the basics which are, again, available for free right here on babypips. When you’re ready to explore a strategy; there are dozens of threads on these forums (check out the Free Forex Trading Systems) forums with many participants. You can learn an established system that people are already using, which is doubly helpful for you because you’ll have solid community to bounce things off of that you already know about.

Is it a scam? I don’t know. But I wouldn’t buy it. 1. I don’t like the phrase “rapid results”. That’s marketing speak. You can get lifetime membership to some mentor sites for under half the price where they will teach you and you’d have a professional mentor to learn from.

I would pass. Spend some time just surfing around these forums and reading strategies until you find one that appeals to you. There are thousands of ways to trade forex- who knows if this rapid results method would work for you, your life, and your goals?

Sorry to dig up an old thread. I have two of Russ horn’s systems, forex rebellion which unpaid for, and the rapid result method which a friend was kind enough to share with me. I must admit that with forex rebellion, even though the system was not really profitable(just a 4/5ema crossover with some other indicators) due to lots of false entries, I did learn a lot of about the forex mkt from Russ. However I got to know that he has been coming up with new systems every yr, or so it seems, and he is charging up to one thousand dollars for each one, and thus I thought to myself, if he is really making money with his trading, why would he need to keep developing and selling new systems? My friend who bought his rrm method says that Russ horn himself always has webinars and forums right after the launch of a new system, but after a while would disappear, citing illness or whatever reason, and after some time, emerge with a brand new(or so he claims) that cost another 1k. That tells you all you need to know about Russ horn, that he makes money from selling the systems, not by trading the market. The rrm system is basically a trend following strategy based on price closing above a few ema lines, together with an indicator called the dpi. Due to the presence of this indicator in the system, once you start trading with this rrm system, you Wold not dare to enter trades without the dpi indicating that it is right to enter, and to me its chances of success might be around just 50-50. You actually miss a lot of trades, or enter at unfavourable prices just by waiting for the dpi to turn in your favour. So to me, dun spend hour money on this or any system that costs anything, for like what a lot of others already pointed out, everything you need to know about the forex mot can be found online, you just need to know where to look(babypips is a gd place to start). Do demo for at least 3-6months, then use the money that you would have spent on whatever system that you had wanted to buy on trading micro lots, and slowly increase your trade size. Gd luck!