Are you REALLY committed to trading?

babypips.com is a serious forum for committed traders.

There are a few traders here that are very generous and want to share their knowledge and wish as much success to all that are committed to these endeavors.

As ever at this time of year and the start of every season we see naysayers and party poopers, that just have the wrong attitude.

If you know better than over 20 years trading experience, that is clearly shown in a few of these beautiful BP threads, well good on you, but I know which side my bread is buttered on - it’s called REALITY.

DON’T LOOK A GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH.

What do you mean by that quote?

Yes, I am committed to the point where an all or nothing mentality exists when it comes to forex trading. I followed my heart and dropped school for the temporary time.

PPFX, I am trying to understand your point. Are you just getting something of your chest? Which is fine of course, but I am just curious if I am missing something.

When just venting frustration. Thumbs up!..:slight_smile:

He was preaching his same old sermon on the MOST useful forex tools thread, one or two of the comments directed at his latest trading idol irked him, so he’s concocted yet another infomercial to bore everybody with.

Like a lot of other newbies on here, he seems to think the only route to a successful outcome is by following his idol around Babypips like a lost puppy.
As one or two other senior members commented, it’s all becoming rather too sickly & slightly embarrassing.

Yes you are 100% right, and I’m laughing at you and all the way to the bank. :smiley:

Sorry for you if you dont get it, you must have more than 100 years experience and you know better.

I am committed and been so for over 20 years.

But iwouldn’t share my systems on here. Sorry but IMHO it does no-one any good.

Trading is actually quite simple. It’s the emotional control and “street smarts” that is difficult to obtain.

Yes, I am frustrated, and I am venting, all the stuff needed to become not only a very profitable trader but also to actually understand what’s happening in the market is freely available right here courtesy of Babypip.com and dare I say it ‘ICT’, and yet so many think they know better, but I clearly see that they aren’t, submit to it, swallow your prides and put those 000’s in your account.

I understand what you mean… But remember, when we are all profitable, who is going to pay our $$$.

I also have the urge to point people to useful stuff and get frustrated when they don’t use it. I’m just like: BUT IM AM DOING YOU A FAVOR! But they won’t listen…:slight_smile: Have been thaught to back off by my four year old now, who is learning to understand the world by making her own mistakes…:slight_smile:

My latest frustration is newbies following zulutraders and trading using third party bots… What they actually doing here…:That is not trading, that is hiring a carpenter to build a chair instead of building one yourself… But each deserve their own learning path…

But the frustration is still a vivid emotion that is not easily ignored. So vent away! Better here than in real life…:slight_smile:

Somebody tell me he’s not started ANOTHER one?

Good God. Is he paying you by the thread?

Yep. It’s a serious forum for serious traders. You can tell, the cabbage patch kid is here.

Thanks for that, I feel better now.

Did babypips turn into a personal QVC or HSN??

Nobody is against ICT, I bet most of BP forum members (we) are happy to learn from him… but common stop this madness! we do not need every single post from followers trying to redirect to ICT threads.

This kind of threads are getting more ridiculous each time.

Fair enough, but I wish someone had done the same for me, would have saved me a couple of years getting to where I initially set out to get to.

I agree that ‘some’ serious traders may come here from time to time, but this is not an effective resource for learning any more than the basic trading concepts to get you on your way to understanding the bigger picture. I have nothing against BP, but come on, it’s not full of serious traders at all, look at the website name “BABY PIPS” - You or any trader wont progress to efficient trading by sitting around here 24/7.

We’ve all seen it, the new member turnover count here is higher than ever, with the same repetitive questions being asked…it’s all getting a little boring now.

So I take it you won’t be posting on my new, “ICT, can I have your baby?” thread then yunny??

Please don’t think I am having a go here Jez, just simply asking a question. Agreed that BP is not a true educational site, mind you I don’t think it is supposed to be anything other than the, as you alluded to, “starter kit”.

Just wondering then, what you consider to be the next step. Where from here sort of thing?

And yet…

The ICT videos must have somehow had subliminal messaging cleverly imbedded in them. The Inner Circle Trader has somehow managed to cultivate a following of worshippers who must gather every evening at a secret location in the forest to chant their mantras and then hold a human sacrifice to appease their god.

It is both bizarre and sad. It is bizarre because the site is swarming with ICT threads and some are started just to gather the faithful together in their flowing robes to sing their hymns of praise to their master. It is sad because ICT actually has some good content in his videos that becomes lost in the thousands of different threads that are scattered about and the fact is, the constant drumming of praise by the acolytes in every thread is, well, off-putting to many.

Trying to fight one’s way through an ICT thread is an exercise in futility, especially for new traders. For every informative post that discusses a specific topic the reader must first wade through what seems like, or actually is, a hundred posts that are nothing more than Hallmark Valentines’ Day cards.

It is not ICT that most have a problem with. I don’t think ICT actually set out to turn his views on trading markets into a religious cult but it appears that it has happened, nonetheless. That is where the problem is.

Personally, I just don’t get it. They ICT videos are the most boring things ever created. If one has the intestinal fortitude to actually sit through them (and it takes a LOT) then yes, there is some very good material there. I have linked to specific ICT videos and posts in the past when I thought it relevant and the methods of a specific topic were, in my opinion, best presented by ICT but there are, believe it or not, other ways to successfully trade in forex. In their zeal to promote the ICT style of trading, the adherents to the methodology are doing the opposite. They are filling regular readers with fear and dread that those three letters, I. C. T. will appear yet again.

It’s too bad, really. If the guy comes up with some interesting or useful material in the future, many will never see it because they now avoid anything associated with the whole ICT cult like the plague.

For those who will swiftly avenge their master, I am NOT knocking ICT or his style of trading!

Unfortunately, I have just become a contributor to yet ANOTHER thread about ICT. Maybe he used subliminal messaging after all…

Now that’s just funny! :18:

There’s just so much about this post that I love. “Intestinal fortitude”, what about that for a phrase??

But the best bit has to be:

LOL!! You sound as though you know just a little too much about that JL :18:

But different class all the same !