Random Line Theory?

So my friend feels pretty certain you are better off without indicators, sent me this link: Random Line Theory - Traders Hideout

What are your thoughts on it?

I think most lines drawn on charts are little more than random ones, but if enough people believe they are more significant than that, then they become so. It’s a self-fulfilling thing.

i agree, i’m thinking like that too. Even with some random entry, we can still make pips on it.

hei, i just read that link u gave us:

1. Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first.
  2. Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses.
  3. Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make.
  4. Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance.

He truly right :slight_smile:

I agree, though I’m wondering what % of the market is made of indicator trading humans?

Doesn’t matter whether the trading is done by humans or not, just so long as the automated systems reflect some significance being ascribed to said lines. For example, it doesn’t take a human to trade relative to the 200-day moving average (cross-over, reversal, etc.), if a system developed to do so.

Hmm it really just depends on your style. Everyone has thier own ideas on how the market works