What is the Difference?

What is the difference between intraday and overnight positions? I am really confused on this one?

I don’t know either, but I suppose we are in the right place to ask. Anyone?

From Forex.com:

Intraday positions are all positions opened anytime during the 24 hour period AFTER the close of FOREX.com’s normal trading hours at 4:30pm ET. Overnight positions are positions that are still on at the end of normal trading hours (4:30pm ET), which are automatically rolled by FOREX.com at competitive rates (based on the currencies interest rate differentials) to the next day’s price.

Intra-day positions are any trades you open and close within the 24 hour trading day (0:00 GMT- 23:00 GMT).

Overnight trading (AKA position trading or swing trading) are trades that you hold for more than 24 hours. With these trades you have to pay interest for holding them for more than a day.

Great, thank you! I get it now, it was confusing me for a minute. You guys are so helpful, thanks a lot!

Thanks guys, I was at a loss for that one too. I get it now, but I probably lost something else I needed. Seems like everytime I learn something, something else gets flushed out. :confused:

Why would you not just read this FIVE YEAR OLD THREAD, instead of dragging it up?

And then not even really say something relevant?

There are far more current topics to chime in on.