I have a long way to go...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default I have a long way to go...

I know I have a long way to go, but is it possible to trade for a living? Could I actually eventually quit my job and become a FT trader? Don't get me wrong I am not talking tomorrow, but a few years down the road. I am just curious if it is at all possible.

I have heard of people making a living in the Forex, but it isn't going to happen anytime soon. You are going to have to put forth a lot of time and effort. I couldn't even give you a time frame, it really is going to depend on your money management. Start with the school they offer here, and then go to a demo for awhile to try your hand at it.

I am not sure I will ever have the patience or the guts for it. Congratulations to you if you do make it, don't let me discourage you. I wouldn't expect too much too soon though.

Right, I am not wanting immediate results. I expect I will probably fail a time or two, I think it is all the learning process. I just have to be careful with my money until I get the hang of it.

It is absolutely possible, there are self-proclaimed Forex gurus that claim it is all they do. I think almost anyone can given enough education, time, practice, and money.

I'm thinking that last commodity is possibly THE most important one. Wish I had some.

I hear ya Quiet, I have some but I am hoping that if I keep them together they will multiply. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened yet.

It is definitely possible, if you have enough capital.

Yes, forex is a lucrative and expensive career but when you are able to get the trick, I believe that you will be rich in no time. Just start with schooling, then apply and then practice. Just practice for a couple of months and by that time that you will discover your talents in fx, start investing. Maybe start with low capital. For me, fx is still a form of gambling. So, just pray for good luck, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael311
    It is definitely possible, if you have enough capital.
    Anything is possible with enough capital. For those of us without infinite pockets, I wonder if currency trading is worth pursuing. I'm looking at it as an expensive hobby, not unlike gambling. I hope I make some money, but I'll not be destroyed if I don't, and I'm not going to invest anything that I can't afford to lose.

Forum Sponsors