Accountability Partner

Hello,

I am looking for an accountability partner or two for learning forex (and perhaps trading in stocks, options, etc.).

I’m not looking for a mentor or a know-it-all or a trade-my-30%-return-per-month system writer/evangelist. I’m simply looking for someone with novice trading experience (more than just beginner) who is looking to get serious about learning to trade forex.

Right now, I’m working through School of Pipsology, in the beginning sections of High School. I am also looking at some other courses. I would like to hold myself accountable to my learning plan with someone else who would like to do the same. My initial thought is to share learning plans and then exchange emails 1 to 2 times a week on progress. Also, if appropriate, share ideas or experiences. I am looking at a long term commitment – 12 to 24 months with both learning and demo account trading. This is not a contest; it is simply to encourage each other in our own trading education and practical application.

My goal is to be profitably trading by the end of 2014 with real money. Hopefully, sooner.

I am a family man in my 40’s in the East Coast of the US, so I’m looking for serious interest only. English speaking male or female works. Please don’t waste my time as I won’t waste yours.

If this sounds like something you’ve been looking for, then please post here.

Thank you and looking forward to forging a forex friendship! :slight_smile:
Matt

I think they call it a shoulder to cry on :smiley:

Sounds like something I might be interested in, although I’m not sure if you should be specific in looking for a partner who has a similar trading style to your own. In any case it sounds like a cool idea

I prefer sharing a drink to celebrate. :44: :slight_smile:

LG, no, the other person doesn’t need to have a similar trading style. The accountability helps myself and the other develop their own trading style. We wouldn’t necessarily have the same learning plan.

I think this is a great suggestion. But there is no way I would partner with someone whose strategy isn’t compatible. I mean life is too short to spend / waste time with systems like trading the news, grid trading, basket trading which for some reason attract the newbies.

On the contrary, you could identify the weaknesses in your own style for instance: Most people have follow a trend following system either long term (3 months+) or short term(Few hrs - days/weeks), however they may also have an even shorter term like intraday to which a consolidated market they’d thrive in, they may be even doing some arbitrage, they maybe hedging, etc.

Everyone is unique to a certain type of market and considering it basically evolves I would start looking into where others failed and I succeeded or where I failed and where they succeeded. You know without the schizophrenia of others constantly calling numbers they think is going to bounce on a 5 min chart for 3 pips to which it plunders 30+ after :P.

Matt,
I am looking for the same thing. I have been trading forex full time for over 3.5 years, but I would really like to have another trader to talk through things with. Sometimes explaining my ideas to someone else helps me evaluate them better. I am not looking for a coach or a mentor either, but rather just a peer to talk things through. I know this post is almost 2 years old, but if you are still looking for a trading accountability partner, let me know.

James

1 Like

Hi James,
Thank you for your interest but I’m not actively trading right now. I still view Baby Pips articles here and there, along with other sites. I hope to get back into trading soon. I don’t know which markets, though, either Forex or futures. So, I’m not looking for a partner at this time. If that changes, I’ll post here or send you a private message. I wish you all the best in your trading!
Nothin’ but pips,
Matt

wasnt this thread about looking for partner? :54:

Hi James - This would be of interest to me. I dont know another trader so have been going my own way. i agree it would be great to have some one to bounce trade ideas with. I live in Australia and trade all major - minor pairs as well as silver and occasionally gold. My style is daily candle bars with price action along with some indicators. I like to get in near the top / bottom and let a trade run several days / weeks for good rewards - Email me if interested

Cheers

I am working on something which appears to be working fine… final test should be out in a month or so. I would like someone test this system…

Some worthy guy.

Thanks Matt. Good luck getting back into trading.

Sounds good, Mark. I will try to contact you.

I started something similar not long ago. You guys can contact me by clicking my pseudo if you need one more :wink:

Matt, James and anyone else interested,
I know this post is a couple of years old but if you are still in the game, I would really appreciate a forex friendship if possible. I am not new to fx as I tried my hand a little while in school (about 6 years ago) but been back for pretty much the whole of this year. I have yet to go live though as I feel like am almost there but just need that fine tuning to achieve consistent profitability (hoping that’s a thing and that an accountability partner would go a long way here). I use price action using lower timeframes (M15, H1, H4).

Thanks and looking forward to hear from you.
Sam.

Let’s connect im looking for an accountability partner as well.