When do you think the US will officially go bankrupt?

Some think that will never happen, but cite reasons which are not valid. I know different people have different opinions which is fine and how markets are functioning. The debt to GDP ratio is already above 100% and in many ways the US is no better than Eurozone periphery.

Nobody will bail the US out as the country is already broke and bankruptcy seems to be the only way out. A debt default, in my opinion, is all but guaranteed and I think before 2020 there will be at least a debt default and a full bankruptcy may occur within the next two decades.

That’s just my opinion on it.

Yes, it’s the year of 99999999999999999999999999999999999999!
cheers

Never because the entire world’s monetary system revolves around the US. If the US goes bankrupt, the rest of the world will just get poorer. And if by any chance the US does go bankrupt, some military commander will go crazy, become dictator, and use all of their artillery that dwarfs the rest of the world’s military in comparison, and take over the world.

But what do I know…

When I was growing up in Buffalo NY a few years ago, and heard this question , I would have said what a stupid question, go take your meds. Today; great question and not so sure it won’t :frowning:

Maybe but I think China, Russia, 90% of the Mid East etc. have plans to remove the US from the picture. These things take time. Really, WTF does the US do to maintain it’s position…besides enforce the Petro dollar through military force? Oil will not have as much demand going into the future, with better energy options coming. US had a good run but the end is relatively near. $hit could hit the fan in 2016. These things tend to happen around election time. 9/11, 2008 crisis…

China will likely fail before the US does. And so will Japan. The failure of the US economy won’t happen because the US is bankrupt, (even though it is) but because peripheral economies fail first, which would lead to huge bank failures here.

Think Lehman Bros on a sovereign scale.

In 2009 The United States of America has tendered to China a written agreement which grants to the People’s Republic of China, an option to exercise Eminent Domain within the USA, as collateral for China’s continued purchase of US Treasury Notes and existing US Currency reserves.

The question is: What is the U.S. giving the Chinese?

The US will never go bankrupt. Its debt is in US dollars, and the US can always print them if needed. Of course, that will hopelessly inflate the currency and severely damage the economy. But it won’t go “bankrupt”.

All I can say, history showed empires collapse and vanish and at the time they were powerful the world evolved around them. Thinking the US will never fail (let substitute bankruptcy with fail), is a bit narrow minded in my opinion. Of course one could say the same about me and different opinions is how markets function. Thanks for your input guys.

[QUOTE=“Minotaur;519323”]
In 2009 The United States of America has tendered to China a written agreement which grants to the People’s Republic of China, an option to exercise Eminent Domain within the USA, as collateral for China’s continued purchase of US Treasury Notes and existing US Currency reserves.

The question is: What is the U.S. giving the Chinese?[/QUOTE]

Uh no… Lol the misinformation spread on this forum. facepalm

If the US collapses it will be from civil unrest and fragmentation created by hyper-partisanship and the effects thereof… States would reject the growing influence of the federal government and you would either see formal secession or civil unrest at such a level that the Feds would be unable to contain it and large portions of the country would become unincorporated regions with local militias and local governments acting as micro countries.

The nuclear arsenal as well as the huge quantities of firearms owned by private citizens virtually assures that no foreign invasion will ever occupy US soil for a significant amount of time… However, missile and or air attacks wouldn’t be unlikely…

If that’s the case, then every society will eventually fail, whether it will be in 100 years or 1000 years.

When Peak Oil happens the US will collapse because without cheap energy the world can’t support a popluation of 7 billion. There will be war over Oil in the future because it’s the cheapest energy source and nothing yet has been developed that can replace it. Without enough Oil a country is crippled because it can’t grow or transport the most because neccessity of life, food.

According to that article Peak Oil is still decades away. I don’t see America going bankrupt soon. If it ever does go Bankrupt it will resort to killing off weaker countries for their resources. And there are whole lot of resource rich countries that can be potential targets for the American Military.

Personally I don’t really care because in 50 years I’m either going to be dead or wealthy enough to live anywhere in the World.

America will use Military Force against resouce rich countries before it goes bankrupt. The only 2 countries that are off limits are Russia and China because they have Nuclear Arsenals big enough to blow America off the map.

When surival is at stake…morality will go out the window. But i’m sure they’ll find a way to gloss over it so they can feel good about killing other people to take their resources, like fighting terrorism, spreading democracy, or countering evil.:42:

America has the World’s Largest Nuclear Arsenal and can hold the entire world for Ransom if need be. So the Answer is NEVER! If the US Empire Collapses it will be because of internal conflict not because of bankruptcy because of Racial and Economic polarzation not because of bankruptcy. Bankruptcy is easily solveable through Military means.

If Racial and Economic Polarization don’t cause a civil war in the future than American Empire could last for another 1000 years with no problem. Brazil, and many of the Latin American countries are Racially very diverse and wealth is stratified in such a way that Whites have most of the wealth and power while vast majority of those of darker hue live in the most squalid poverty and they still seem to function fine. So I don’t really see a civil war erupting in America either. It’ll be the status quo for 1000 years to come eventually America will become like India or Brazil with a few rich Elite living in Luxury while hordes of the poor live in Shanty towns. And really I could care less because unless they figure a way to reverse aging I’ll be long dead.

Depending on how you define failure, but every great empire has collapsed and the same will happen again and again and again.

Similar things have been said about past empires and they all basically collapsed. I am not saying the US will be gone and all citizens dead, just saying that the empire will collapse just as happened to others before and another country or countries will take over until they collapse.

lets be real guys…the world is a greatly different place, nukes, globalization, etc…

The only way the USA would “fail” is for either a giant internal conflict occurring which splits the nation into smaller ones (doubt it) or the US just losing some of its world hegemony…which isn’t really that bad. Just means we would have another superpower to compete with (ala the cold war but less likely as nuke world dooming)

There’s always a war to win when America is in stress. But if America has been America for the last 70y the world as changed, a lot. We are reaching a time were wars are not so cheap.
And yes, the USA are broken, but the world could not live with it. … for now.
There is a growing minority looking for the new era, the new age, the new world order, but every one wants the new great business, one day it will come, only Americans can make the way, to be in business another 50y from now
PS: and I will be 86y old.

I think it’s easier to predict when Roger Federer will retire from tennis than speculating on when the US will go bankrupt.

Check out his other videos. Interesting but high chance of it being true.

can’t you see that obama is so keen to take on syria…if war between syria and US happened, what do you think will happen to gold and Usd, get it?