Is It Better To Stick With One Currency Pair Like USD/JPY Or Should One Diversify?

Is It Better To Stick With One Currency Pair Like USD/JPY Or Should One make an effort to to be familiar with all major currency pairs.

I’ve just started trading Forex and I stick to USD/JPY because I feel the Economic news is easier to keep track of as I only need to follow the Economic calendar for USA and Japan.

Whereas a currency pair like EUR/USD one has to keep track of News from all major countries in Europe.

I’ve followed the USD/JPY for a few months before I started trading so I’m more familiar with it compared to other currency pairs.

Is it better to stick with one currency pair when trading or is it an advantage to be able to trade all major currency pairs?

I guess in the start, it is best to stick to minimum pair. Because different pairs have different characteristic. Until you are comfortable with that pair, then you consider to add more pairs to your watchlist.
Depending on your strategy, if your strategy is long term, then better to follow few pairs…