Scalping vs Swing Trading vs Position Trading. What Trading Style Works Best For You?

Scalping- Trading on very short time frames usually in the span of minutes.

Swing Trading- Taking advantage of a longer time frame, the swing trader will sometimes hold positions for a couple of hours - maybe even days or longer - in order to call a turn in the market.

Position Trading- Usually the longest time frame of the three, the position trader differs mainly in his or her perspective of the market. Instead of monitoring short-term market movements like the day and swing style, these traders tend to look at a longer term plan. Position strategies span days, weeks, months or even years. As a result, traders will look at technical formations but will more than likely adhere strictly to longer term fundamental models and opportunities.

I haven’t tried all three yet. My current trading consists of Swing trades that can last from hours to a day or two. The reason I haven’t tried scalping is because it doesn’t seem like an efficient way to make money, in that you have to overcome a spread and the little chunks that you do make are just bread crumbs. I tend to rely on Fundamentals more than Technicals which is why I prefer longer term trading to scalping.

Is my view that scalping is not an efficient way to make a profit right? Also are there any of you out there who have achieved long term profitability with Position Trading where you have to hold for days, weeks, months or even longer?