Opinions about MT4 Strategy Tester

Hi guys i would like to hear your opinions about MT4 Strategy Tester, cos for me it feels like its not that reliable.I mean for simple strategy testing like 2 MA cross it works fine or other simple ones.But i`m a programmer and also view trading very mathematically, i mean not that i dont trust MT4, but the strategy tester should be better.I know that Metaquotes will promise a new version of MT4 by next year with many many features including MT5 EA/Script compatibility but still, thats not the issue.

The issue is, that i find ST too simple, yet not very efficient.Since i only trust in maths i like to search for the Holy Grail with a pen and a paper.So for analyzing the market i crunch all the data and put up statistics for it.If i`d like to run a Z-Test or a Probability distribution test like i did on my current project, i have to make a separate EA just to calculate it.I dont know how many of you guys are into statistics, but for me its very important to know those numbers if i evaluate my trading system.

So for that advanced testing the ST is just too amateour,i wish that MT4 could add more features into it.

The other thing that drives me crazy, you can only run a test of 1 year interval or less, it cannot exceed 1 year.What madness is this, what if you’d like to backtest on Weekly bars then you have only 51 bars in a year, and you have data from lets say 1950, then you have to run a separate test for each year.Thats just insane :mad::mad::mad:

The other issue is the speed.I have 4 cores on my processor yet MT4 uses only 1 :56:
And so on, i could list all day it’s flaws.

So i would like to hear your opinion about this.And if any of you guys know any alternative strategy testers which is a bit more advanced and/or less buggy, i would appreciate if you’d tell me, since i`m really pissed on MT4 Strategy Tester.